Chapter LXXXIV

I'm surprised with myself with how this chapter is, by far one of my favorites with this last arc post-time skip

Just a heads up things get a bit spicy and downbad for a bit but it's nothing explicit I caught myself at the last second and remembered I don't want to prolong the entertainment district chapters just because I was going to write another 10k words of this time more explicit / bolder sex :]

Oh, and we have fluff, comfort, angst and build-up for the fight! So yeah prepare to feel tons of emotions.

.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

.

Kanae's POV

The emptiness of the Butterfly Estate struck Kanae as unusual. The activity of Kakushi tending to injured slayers, the usual talks that filled the infirmary wards—none of it was present. Instead, the estate felt almost abandoned.

Y/N explained the change, telling Kanae that the now-disbanded Slayer Corps had cleared out their belongings and had expressed their gratitude to both him and Kanae by giving them a substantial sum of money. In an empty room, which once served as part of the infirmary, stood a chest. Y/N patted it, indicating that it contained their gift.

"So, this is all our money," Y/N said, gesturing towards the chest. "This is what the Corps gave as a gift after the final battle, so neither us nor our family would have to worry about it."

"How much is in there?"

Y/N replied, "Enough for five generations after us, or so Oyakata-sama said." He then added, somewhat sheepishly, "And that's not taking into consideration the money you made as a Hashira, which is in another room."

"Why not bring the chest here with this one?"

"Because that money is yours, Kanae. You told me to leave it there." His answer, though straightforward, left Kanae puzzled; she couldn't recall the days leading up to her waking up in the garden.

Changing the subject, Y/N kissed her quickly and asked, "Come on, what do you want to do today?"

With a bright smile, Kanae expressed her desire to spend time with Shizu. "I want to play with Shizu," she said eagerly.

"By all means," Y/N responded warmly, opening the door for her and saying, "After you."

As Kanae passed by him, Y/N gently placed his hand on her waist, a familiar, comforting gesture. Together, they walked towards Shizu's room.

.

Shizu's room, once the big rehabilitation area for training, had been transformed into a paradise for a child.

The room was large, with high ceilings and polished wooden floors, adorned with plush, colorful rugs. The walls were painted in soft, cheerful colors and decorated with elegant, child-friendly art, depicting scenes of nature and whimsy.

In one corner of the room, a big carved wooden toy chest overflowed with toys and dolls, each one more exquisite than the last. Nearby there was a small crafted table and chairs set. Shelves lined with books on various subjects, from children's tales to simple science, were easily accessible.