Chapter LXXVII

"So, how much do you think it will happen before we go on missions?" Tanjiro asked, looking at his friends for their thoughts.

Inosuke grumbled dismissively, "Who cares."

Zenitsu took great offense to Inosuke's disregard, his volume and size seemingly expanding with his outrage. "YOU TRAITOR!" he accused, pointing a finger at Inosuke. "HOW DARE YOU LIVE IN THIS ESTATE FULL OF CUTE GIRLS AND NOT TELL US, YOU BEAST!" His rant echoed through the room, filled with exaggerated betrayal.

"Zenitsu, please don't shout. There are patients in other rooms," Tanjiro reminded him.

At that moment, Shinobu's hand gently resting on Tanjiro's shoulder was accompanied by her sweet, cheerful voice. "Tanjiro-kun is right!" she agreed, her smile bright. Looking up, Tanjiro blushed under her gaze.

Shinobu's cheerfulness continued as she introduced their next challenge. "Which is why, to keep you busy, you shall start rehabilitation training!" she announced, her enthusiasm almost tangible.

"Rehabilitation?" Tanjiro asked, the concept new and intriguing to him.

Shinobu beamed with excitement and something else—a hint of passive aggression, especially directed at Inosuke. "Yes, rehabilitation! It's particularly important for all three of you, especially you, Inosuke-kun!" she said. "After all, running away from responsibilities and then coming back as if nothing happened requires some... adjustments, doesn't it?"

Inosuke usually unfazed by much, seemed to shrink a little under Shinobu's 'kindness'

Shinobu gestured for them to follow her. "Come along now. Let's not waste any more time. We have a lot of work to do!" Her statement, though framed with a smile, left no room for argument.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

.

As Aoi laid out the rehabilitation plan, Tanjiro listened to the details of what was to come. The training would encompass a variety of activities designed to restore their strength and agility, vital for Demon Slayers.

Massage sessions were on the agenda to help ease their muscle tension and enhance recovery, while reflex training would sharpen their response times, critical in battle. Tag games, Aoi explained, were not just for fun but to improve their speed and strategic thinking.

Kanao stood beside Aoi, her expression unreadable. She was to assist in their training, though her stoicism gave little away regarding her thoughts on the matter.

Inosuke seemed apprehensive, his usual bravado nowhere in sight. It was as if he anticipated the challenges ahead and was not particularly thrilled about them.

Besides Tanjiro, Zenitsu was another story altogether. He was already lost in thoughts of the massage segment, barely concealing his excitement about the possibility of physical contact, even in such a platonic setting. "I'll be able to touch girls during this training," he mumbled, a goofy smile spreading across his face.

Tanjiro could only sigh, wondering if Zenitsu's focus on the training's potential for interaction with the opposite sex was really all he cared about.

They were then led to a big room, noticeably barren of furniture, presumably to accommodate the various activities planned. The open space seemed ideal for the dynamic movements required in their upcoming exercises.