Chapter Two: Rockstar Mentality

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Eva's POV—

It's been a week since I accepted the contract. The dotted line legally tied me to Joe Jonas for the next year. I haven't been contacted or notified of any events I'm supposed to be at. Nothing has come from it, yet. Kara has been making jokes about the band every day. I don't even know how to process the fact that I'm dating a musician I've never even met. When I told Logan about it last night he was mad. Understandably so. I would be upset if I was seeing someone and they had to pretend to be in love with someone else.

But when I explained it...he was kind of happy about it. He agreed with Kara saying it would be great for my job. In the end, he supported me "using" Joe for his money. It was kind of sweet. He took me to dinner after he found out to show he was not mad about the situation. The subway to work was slower than normal if felt like. It's like the world has been put on hold until I find out my first...duty. Mission? That sounds so extreme.

"What's going on in that pretty little head?" Stella asks as I walk into the office. I give her a short smile as she hands me my files for the day, "What do you prefer Mrs. Jonas now?" She teases.

"Stop. I haven't even met him yet," I point out to her. This only makes the smile on her face grow when she points behind me. I turn my head and see his manager, her assistant, and Mr. Hues. It's not until he moves out of the way that I see him. His dark outfit stands out in the white room. His hair falls in perfect curls onto his forehead, it's like it was glued to preserve it. His lips are moving as his body seems tense. I didn't even realize Stella was talking to me as I stare at the rockstar.

"He's...."

"Beautiful?" She asks as I turn back to her, "I know it's kind of annoying. But at least he was kind of nice to me," she says as I look at her confused. She goes to explain when Mr. Hues calls my name. This makes Joe look in my direction. His eyes lock with mine making my heart stop as he takes me in. This would have been so much easier if he wasn't sculpted by the gods. I made a terrible mistake.

"Morning," I timidly whisper as I walk into the room. I stand with him waiting for an introduction that never comes. I'm sat down in a chair as he paces the room. His anger is directed toward the higher-ups. The assistant seems unfazed as she continues working on her computer.

"I don't even know this girl. This is ridiculous," he speaks making me jump hearing him talk about me, "Why couldn't to just shoot me in the head?" He asks sitting down when he realizes they aren't giving him the reaction he wanted.

"You need to cut the shit. The labels going to drop you unless you get your act together," she says as I pick at my fingers under the table. I've never been so nervous in a meeting before. This is uncharted territory, I never thought I'd deal with, "This is your last chance," she says as the assistant slides her computer over.

"This is the story. You two met at a bar in the Hamptons. Eva was with her friends and you just had to meet her. Then you bought her a drink and the rest was history. We need three pictures a week, one story a day, and you have an interview at the end of the day," the assistant Hailey lists out making my head spin. Should I have a pen? What's happening? This is all so sudden.

"What happens if we don't?" I ask as Joe stares at the papers in front of him.

"Then you break contract and you really don't want to break the contract," she says eyeing me up and down. I've never been more scared of a woman in my life.

"What else do you need from us?" Hues asks as I sit there stunned.

"Besides her status in the charity world or whatever you call it. Nothing. You cannot be seen with any other guys. So if you have a boyfriend...sorry but not anymore," she says as I furrow my eyebrows.

"Excuse me?" I ask.

"This whole thing is built around you two falling in love. If you're seen with another man it ruins the whole charade," she says, "That goes for you too Mr. Jonas," she adds.

"The only clubs you'll be seen at are ones where she's attached at your hip. If Eva's not with you then you're not going," she says making my throat feel dry from the thought of being alone with him. His eyes had been glued to the table since she started talking. His anger builds as she goes on and on about the rules we have to follow.

By the end, I can't even remember my own name. She laid everything out all at once. I never really thought about being alone with him. I thought everything would be staged. They make us sign one more contract before packing up their things. Mr. Hues and Mrs. Price walk out of the room in hushed tones as the assistant follows closely behind.

I glance at Joe as he abruptly stands up and starts walking out. He doesn't even attempt to introduce himself before leaving the room. The double doors fly open as his leather jacket pulls on his back. Now I know why he got his reputation.