Chapter 7: Trapped

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Eva's POV—

"Where are you guys?" I ask as I step into the hotel, "Never mind I see him," I tell Nick as I spot Joe standing by the elevators.

"Finally. It's been like twenty minutes," he says as I check my phone.

"You told me to meet you here at 10. It's not even 9:45 yet," I point out to him as he hits the up button.

"Why are you so dressed up?" He asks as I try not to lift my fist and connect it with his face.

"I have a date after this if you have to know," I tell him as I step into the empty elevator. He smiles to himself as he hits the close door button, "Can I ask what's so funny?" I ask.

"Just that a guy would willingly spend time with you," he says as I take a deep breath. I go to ask him something about tonight but he shushes me as he goes on his phone. That's when my patience dies. I start laying into him as he argues back. When I try to fight back the elevator starts shaking. I grab onto his arm as he stares at the lights flickering. A giant bell rings as the elevator stops moving completely. We wait for a second before I realize I'm holding onto him and step away.

"What did you do?" He asks as I look at him flabbergasted.

"You can't possibly think I caused this," I tell him. He tries to open the doors but there's a security measure to stop people from climbing out.  He hits the help button but nothing works. The only light in here is coming from a dull yellow emergency one, "You're joking," I whisper as I try to hit the buttons again.

"You're gonna make us free fall. Stop pressing things," he says taking a seat on the floor. I turn around and glare at him as he gets comfortable, "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Someone will eventually realize this elevator stopped working. It's not the end of the world," he says trying to get a connection in the metal box we are trapped in.

"Has anyone told you how utterly useless you are?" I ask.

He smiles up at me, "that's not what I was told last night," he says making me roll my eyes and turn back to the door, "Why are you freaking out anyway? Scared your little boyfriend will think you ditched him?" He asks.

"Some of us have respect for other people's time," I tell him as he crosses his arms over his chest, "Why are you such an asshole? Like you have everything...money, fame, girls?" I point out.

"I didn't think such superficial things counted as everything for such a perfect human being such as yourself", he says as I bite my tongue.

"No, I just thought that's all fuckboys care about," I tell him.

"This is going to be the longest year of my life," he groans stretching out his legs.

"I came into this expecting us to at least respect each other. You're the one who made it like this," I point out.

"So you're saying you'd be happy about being stuck with some stranger just because people who don't even know you say you're a douchebag?" He asks standing up.

"Are they wrong? All you have done since we have met is brush me off and act like I'm some groupie looking for fame," I tell him. He leans back in the corner of the elevator as I stand across from him.

"How am I supposed to know you're not? Your best friend is already trying to get with my brother," he says as I close my eyes in frustration.

"Nick is the one who made the first move in that direction. It's almost as if people have these things called emotions and urges," I tell him as if I'm his kindergarten teacher.

"You're so full of yourself. You think you're so much better than me because you work at some stupid charity. I've probably given more in a week than you have you're entire career," he says as my mouth drops open in shock as he walks to the middle of the elevator.

"Having sex with fans doesn't count as giving back to your community. Unless we are talking about STDs then you're right, you're really a giver," I state not backing down from his movements.

"I think the best way to solve this is for you to get laid. Clearly, you're this bitter because no guy has given you the time of day," he tells me.

"Is this where you expect me to fall to my knees for the great Joe Jonas?" I ask.

"That's one way to keep you quiet," he says. I tilt my head laughing as the lights above us start flickering again. The elevator shakes to life. I gasp as it starts falling down floors at a time. Joe's hand grabs my waist as I close my eyes holding onto him. The tighter I close my eyes the closer we get to wherever the bottom of this thing is. It starts shaking again making the two of us collapse onto the floor. An emergency landing mechanism manages to stop the elevator. Firefighters are standing outside the door as they pry it open. Joe's hand is still gripping my waist as one of them holds their hands out to help us climb out onto the first floor.

"You go first," he says as I turn to him. He bends down and puts his hand out for me to step on. I use the leverage and manage to grab one of the firefighter's hands. When I'm on the ground floor I wait for Joe to get out. There's a flash of a camera as paparazzi come from nowhere. How did they even know we were here?

"Are you guys okay?" Kevin asks as he runs over with Nick.

"You alright?" Joe asks as he walks over to me. He looks at the cameras and wraps his arms around me and I hate how comforting they are right now. He kisses my hair as I bury my head into him.

"That was fucking terrifying," I whisper as we both laugh.

"Hopefully we get something good from it," he says meaning the press.

"We can drop you off at home," Nick says as police secure the elevator. I'm never stepping into one of these ever again. Kevin starts asking what happened as I glance at Joe, his eyes are looking at me. I still hate the guy but it's nice to know he would protect me if I was in danger. He doesn't make any sense. One second he's telling me to shut the fuck and the next he's holding me against his chest as we fall from the twentieth floor of a high rise.