Chapter 35: Twitter

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Eva's POV—

Kara, Kevin, Nick, and Danielle are sitting on Joe's couch as Joe sits in an armchair while I explain everything. By the time I finished saying it Kara jumps up and starts yelling at me, "Are you out of your damn mind? Why wouldn't you tell anybody?" She yells as I sit down on the coffee table to take it, "I thought you were smarter than this. We are all here for you and you decided to do this in quiet," she yells sounding disappointed.

"That's enough," Joe says cutting her off. The guys are silent as Kara glares at Joe.

"And you. When you found out you should have come right to me. I'd have done more than punched the bitch in the face," she says.

"I didn't want him to. This was my mess and I didn't want to worry you," I explain again.

She shakes her head and walks off to grab a drink from Joe's fridge, "How much have you already given him?" Kevin asks looking sympathetic.

I shake my head, "I forget the exact number but close to three grand," I whisper feeling ashamed, "I just wanted this to go away quietly. I didn't want it to hurt your career. I'm being paid to do the exact opposite," I groan wanting to sink into the floor and never come back ever again. Nick's face is unreadable as Joe stays quiet. It took us an hour to get him out of the party. He insisted on looking everywhere for Logan or the guy with the camera.

"What are we going to do about the new photos? How did he even find you guys?" Danielle asks, "Nobody posted the party right?"

"We did but we didn't put an address. It was a picture of us in front of decorations. There's no way he found us from that," Joe says sounding frustrated.

"He's not getting any more money that's for sure. If we go to the police he could leak the photos before they get to his house," Nick says.

"Guys...the photos," I say trying to keep calm, "If I just pay the money then he will stop," I state trying to get them to see how this is the easiest way.

"What happens when he asks for more? Three years down the road he's still gonna have these photos," Kara says walking back in with a case of beer and a handle of liquor. Everyone leans forward and grabs one as she stands next to me, "We aren't going to bed until we figure out a way to fix this," she says.

"We have a meeting on Monday with management," I tell them, "There's no use staying up when we have thought of everything. This isn't some TV show where it works out perfectly in the end," I point out. Nick pulls his phone out to look at the time as he's talking but his voice cuts off when he reads notifications off his phone.

He flips the phone around and it shows a tweet of me and Logan.

Joe Jonas's New Girl Caught Kissing Another Guy

Click the link to read more

"Come on that photo looks like he's forcing himself onto you," Kara says as I grab the bottle and pour two shots.

"I think this is karma for something. Maybe something I did in a past life," I say, "Maybe all the money I've been raising at work is going to sweatshops secretly," I add. I pour two more and before I can take the fourth one Nick snags it and hands it to Joe. The rain from outside gets heavier as we all sit and realize how bad this situation has gotten.

"What if we burn his apartment down and he so happens to be inside it?" Kara asks making Kevin move away from her, "I'm kidding. Kind of," she whispers under her breath.

"We should get some sleep and talk about this in the morning. Candace will call us in the morning once she's seen this. She's going to schedule us like three hundred extra concerts so we have no free time now," Nick jokes.

"He's right," Danielle says grabbing the liquor away from me. Joe hasn't said a word since the photo was posted. I walk to my room and grab pajamas to change into. Nick and Kara are staying in there while I stay in Joe's room. Kevin and Danielle are taking the spare room. When I walk into his bedroom he's standing in front of his dresser taking his rings off.

"I'm sorry," I tell him making his eyes look through the mirror and straight at me. He turns around flexing his hand as he looks down at it.

"I'd punch him every day for the rest of my life if that meant he would stay away from you. You have nothing to be sorry about," he says sitting in his bed next to me. He can tell that I can't stop thinking about it so he turns the light off and lays down. He pulls me close letting me rest my head on his chest, "It's going to work out," he assures me. I wish I could just freeze this moment and not have to think about what's going to happen.

It's an hour later when I know for a fact that Joe's asleep. I slowly peel his arm off my shoulder and roll over to grab my phone. I see hundreds of notifications from every platform. I click on Twitter and see endless messages.

@jonaslover2000: what a slut
@suckerfornick: I always thought she was ugly
@joejonasdiehard: who does she think she is? Doesn't she know Joe's the best?
@S.O.Sjonas: I knew she looked like a bitch
@whataboutkevin: turns out Joe was the one doing charity work after all

The replies don't stop. I can't stop scrolling.

I look through Instagram and then I see I have an email from Mr. Hues.

I hope these images are edited for your sake. We cannot afford this kind of loss. Our company is still up and coming and this isn't the kind of publicity that keeps it going. I pushed our meeting up with Candace to tomorrow.

I feel a tear run down my cheek when reality hits me in the stomach. I didn't even think about how this would affect the company in the long run. I can't be the reason for lost investments or worse shut down. I go to reply until a hand touches my shoulder. Joe takes the phone from my hand to see what I'm doing, "What an asshole?" He whispers.

"He's right. I could fuck everything up 'cause I decided to date an asshole," I point out.

"It's a good thing the meeting was pushed up. Now we can do damage control and we could spin this as an edited photo. It is a little blurry," he says pulling me closer to him again. This time he holds on tighter to make sure I don't grab my phone again, "We are stronger than this and you know of. Even if we did hate each other or whatever. You know I care about you," he says sending a flutter through my chest.

"Thanks, Joe," I whisper as he kisses the top of my head.