Chapter 9: Dinner

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Eva's POV—

"This should be a double date. Nick would love to have you across from him in a pretty dress," I argue as Kylie curls the ends of my hair.

"Stop. Joe has been kind of better the past couple of days," she says not sounding very convincing.

"I think you're full of shit," I tell her as her phone buzzes again.

"Who is blowing you're phone up?" I laugh before realizing, "Fuck off. Nick is coming here, isn't he? That's why you cleaned so much," I ask as she covers her face smiling.

"Maybe. I'm sorry I can't save you from a night of free dinner but I need to get laid," she says turning the curler off.

"I respect it...I expect full details when I get home," I tell her as she nods her head with a mock salute. I stand up pulling on the red dress I'm wearing, "Are you sure this isn't too much?" I ask.

"Have you looked up the place he's taking you? It's like a million dollars for tiny portions kind of vibes," she says. I drop my head into my hands as she yells at me not to mess up my makeup, "He will be here any minute," she tells me looking at the clock.

"He's gonna look at our place and think we are poor"

"I mean I don't see mountains of money in the corner," he says.

"I miss Charlie," I groan pulling my shoes on.

"I know. Maybe you can go to Joe's tonight to see him," she says.

"I am curious to see what his house looks like," I say thinking out loud, "Maybe I will". There's a knock at the door and we both turn to each other. Instead of answering the door, we start laughing uncontrollably. He knocks again making me almost pee my pants as I rush over to open it, "Hey," I wheeze as he stands there confused.

"What happened?" He asks as I invite him inside. He looks around as I catch my breath, Kara walks out with my shoes. I thank her before slipping them on, "Nice place," he says looking at the small Christmas tree on the side table we keep up year-round. We just put different decorations on it for the different holidays.

"Thanks," Kara says leaning on the counter watching our interaction.

"What's to expect tonight?"

"Besides us being the perfect couple...I don't know good food maybe?" He says.

"You really know how to sweep a girl off her feet," I tell him. He spins his keys in his hands before walking towards the door, "If I go missing it's cause he murdered me. Bye," I smile as she laughs at me closing the door.

"I can't believe Nick backed out last minute," he says as we make it to the car. The divider between the driver and passengers is up so he can't hear me.

"Tell me about it," I tell him looking out of the window. When we arrived at the restaurant the driver opened the car door for us. I thank him as Joe turns around and helps me from the car. He links our arms as we walk inside. He says a random name and they immediately walk us to a table in the back.

"How many other girls have you brought here?" I ask as the waiter walks away.

"Enough for people to know it's where I go on dates," he says as I squint my eyes at him with a fake smile.

"You spoil me," I whisper.

"Anything for my special girl," he says making me want to gag. The waiter comes over and Joe takes my hand I've the table.