Chapter 29: 8th Street

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Eva's POV—
I'm kind of happy Joe didn't stay in bed. I think it's better if we keep this fake relationship at a friend's with benefits level. Nobody will get hurt and I won't expect pancakes in the morning, "Morning," Joe says as I walk into the kitchen struggling to get my heels on, "Coffee?" He asks. Last night after...we talked about everything and it was nice just chilling. Most of the time we are together it's for some stupid event.

I thank him as he pours me a cup, "I posted on my story so we should be in the clear with management for today," he says with a smile. I walk past him to the fridge to grab milk but he wraps his arms around my waist. I shriek as he kisses my neck trying to drag me back to bed.

"This isn't a healthy relationship," I remind him as he lets me down. I put my hands on his shoulders as he rolls his eyes playfully.

"I think you should skip going into the office and we should go out and shop for the holidays," he says making my eyes perk up.

"I'm not saying no to that idea...however...I do have to drop something off," I tell him.

"Nick has been asking me to go shopping with him so I'll text him while you drop that off," he says finishing the rest of his coffee and placing it in the sink.

"We can meet at the cafe on 8th Street," I tell him as I grab my purse off the table.

"In an hour?" He asks. I nod my head and he holds his hand up for a high five making me laugh. I run over and give him one before running away. He's so weird.

-

"I was a bitch to you and that's not fair," I whisper as she shakes her head and tries to downplay it, "I'm buying your coffee to try and make it better," I tell Kara as she laughs.

"Are you guys fine now? He seems fine," she says looking back at Joe. Nick and he are sitting at a small table as we order the drinks.

"I've been extra stressed from...work and I took it out on everyone. It wasn't fair to you guys but we made up," I tell her as she gives me a look of disgust.

"Very healthy"

I grab two cups from the woman behind the counter as Kara grabs the other two and heads back to the table, "Thank you," Nick says as I hand him one.

"What's the plan for today? I have so much Christmas shopping I have to do," Nick says looking weirdly stressed, "Kevin keeps bragging that he finished last month," he says as Joe smiles sipping his drink.

"I have only gotten something for Kara," I shrug not that worried, "What do you guys want?" I ask leaning forward.

"Peace and quiet from you," Joe says after he takes my hand. I pull it away and throw a sugar packet at him, "I don't want anything but anything you guys get is good....doesn't really matter," he says making the table glare at him. There is nothing worse than having to buy gifts for someone who doesn't want anything.

"What about a lifetime supply of mayonnaise?" Kara asks making Joe laugh loudly, "Sold," she says going onto her phone.

Nick stands up and holds his cup, "We have to get started. It's going to be packed and if I don't get Daniella the color me pinky pie whatever the fuck she asked for....I am dead," he says walking away. He turns around and sees us still sitting, "Okay it was a purse but it's selling out everywhere and I owe her," he says rubbing the back of his neck.

Kara sits up in her seat and looks at her boyfriend, "And why do you owe her?" She asks.

His shoulders visibly fall as he closes his eyes, "I may or may not have spilled a bottle of red wine all over their new white couch," he says as Joe turns around to look at him in shock.

"No you didn't," Joe whispers before he stands up telling us we have to go, "Daniella talked about that couch for months before they got it. We have to get her a fucking plane," he says as Kara and I hurry after them.

"I love that she has them in fear," I giggle as Kara and I trail behind the two guys and they come up with the perfect gift. It's nice that Joe has taken it upon himself to help his younger brother. I guess in these types of situations Joe is the one who is spilling the wine, not Nick. I just hope I can find the perfect gift for everyone.