Chapter 5: Yacht Party

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Eva's POV—

"He's even hotter in person," Kara whispers as Nick walks over. He gives me a look before glancing at Kara.

"Nick, this is my best friend Kara," I introduce as she holds her hand out. I wish I could see the look on my face when he bends down and presses a light kiss to her knuckles.

"You never said he was such a gentleman," she says as he smirks.

"Please tell me tonight isn't going to be as bad as I expect?" I ask as he laughs leading us over to the other guys.

"Well, don't you two look nice. You must be Kara," Kevin says holding his hand out to shake, "Joe is already inside at the bar," he informs.

"Hold on. I was promised Daniella," I tell him as he helps me up the small steps onto the boat.

"She had a work emergency. Don't worry you'll meet her," he says with a smile. I wish I was married to a guy who lit up every time he talked about me. I glance over my shoulder and see Kara's arm around Nick's. She's smiling as he leans in to whisper something in her ear.

"Hey baby," Joe says coming out of nowhere with a drink in his hand. He leans in and kisses my cheek making me widen my eyes, "Gotta keep up appearances," he whispers before pulling away. I nod my head and put on a big smile as he hands me the drink he's holding.

"Thanks, babe," I mutter feeling like I could puke at any moment. Kara goes to introduce herself but he walks away as she puts her hand out. She turns to me as the guys look at their brother in embarrassment, "I told you he's an asshole," I tell her.

"Are you like that?" She asks Nick. He shakes his head and she immediately tells him they are going to go dance.

"She's...." Kevin says making me laugh.

"I know. We have been inseparable since the fourth grade," I tell him sipping on the drink. I gag tasting straight vodka. He had to have done that on purpose.

"I have to go make some rounds. Do you think you'll be okay alone?" he asks.

"Yeah, I should probably go find my boyfriend anyway," I tell him looking around. He gives me a reassuring look before walking off when he sees some people he knows. This boat is huge. I've never seen something so fancy in my life. I carefully walk up some stairs in my heels and see Joe at the edge of the boat. It rocks a little making him step to the side where I see a girl he's talking to. Of course, he is. Why would he make this easy?

I walk over to the bar and ask for some cranberry to put with his vodka. The bartender happily does it when he sees my dress. Can't lie it feels good. My phone vibrates in my bra and when I pull it out I see a text from Logan.

Logan: wish I was there. You look amazing

Eva: I wish you were here too

Logan: make sure Jonas keeps his hands to himself

Eva: trust me we probably won't even talk tonight

Logan: try to have fun

I smile at the last text before putting it back into my bra. I look around and watch some guests dance to the music. As pretty as tonight is...it's not my kind of scene. Everything feels too forced. The judgey smiles and tiny foods being carried around...how do they find this fun? After a while, Joe starts following the girl inside the boat. Before he can get there I walk over and put my hand on his arm.

"Where are you going, honey?" I ask with a forced smile as he looks down at my hand. He looks around and slowly runs his hand down my back.

"I thought we agreed not to get in the way of each other," he whispers with a smirk.

"I'm not having you ruin this. Underprivileged kids are not being fucked over so you can have five minutes of fun," I whisper. A couple walks by us with concerned glances. Joe just moves in closer making the air around us feel thick.

"Do you like the dress?" He asks keeping his eyes locked on mine, "Cause you aren't really complaining about spending my money on shit for yourself," he says making me bite my tongue.

"Stop. You're too sweet," I loudly laugh as an older couple passes us. I put my arms around his neck putting my lips next to his ear, "Listen here you Jersey Shore knock off. This is for your career so if you want to keep it, don't go running off with the first girl who shows you attention," I threaten.

"I love when you talk dirty to me," he says making me roll my eyes, "Maybe you should go find a guy to loosen you up," he tells me with wide eyes.

"You're so right. I'm going home. I don't need this," I tell him turning around. When I get closer to the stairs he runs over and grabs my upper arm, "When are you going to admit you need me?" I ask.

"When you admit you need me just as much," he says back.

"Oh watch out the paparazzi are watching," I tell him as he follows me down the ramp of the boat. His arms lift up trying to cover my face as we walk to the car they arrived in. He slides in after me and it's like an orchestrated charade. In reality, this is the longest Joe and I spent talking.

"I need Kara. I'm not leaving without her," I tell him. He stares at me like he's trying to make my head explode. He texts who I'm assuming is one of the guys. It's nearly ten minutes of silence until the door opens. The camera flashes fill the car as the three of them climb inside the limo.

"Have fun love birds," Kevin asks as the two of us avoid looking at each other.

"Totally"