Chapter 14: popped

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Eva's POV—
I'm kind of disappointed Logan hasn't texted me either. He was supposed to call me after the event. It sucked he had to rush to work for a last minute emergency right before we left.

I haven't gotten a chance go talk with Joe since we were on stage. The guys dragged us to an after party they found out was going on. Kara has been taking up most of my time and then when we got to the party everyone disappeared. It's not till and hour later when I see Joe on a balcony talking with another girl. I walk over and open it with a smile.

"Hey I just wanted to say a quick thank you for tonight," I tell him as the girl glares at me. A rare smile appears on his lips before the girl turns fully in my direction.

"Can you leave bitch? We are kind of in the middle of a conversation?" She says as I widen my eyes with an amused smile.

"I was actually talking to him," I say pointing to Joe as he sips his drink.

"And I said leave," she says like I'm deaf.

"Alright," Joe says as he looks at me, "I think you should leave," he says as the girl smirks at me. I cross my arms in front of my chest before she turns to Joe and realizes he's talking to her.

"I thought....what?" She asks.

"Shes kind of important to me and my band so I think you should go attach yourself to someone else," he says as the girl storms off embarrassed,  "You alright?" He asks.

"Yeah...I could have taken her though. A little upper cut. Maybe a round house kick," I smile doing some fake punches in his direction,

"Yeah, okay, Karate kid. Let's leave the fighting to the professionals," he says as we both laugh.

"Sorry I interrupted your little date. As your girlfriend, I didn't mean to," I joke as he nods his head sipping on his drink.

"It suck's not being able to date anybody for a year," he says as I nod my head, "Are you still seeing what's his face?" He asks.

"Logan? Yes we are still seeing each other," I tell him as he loses the slight smile on his lips, "why does everyone hate him?" I ask before realizing, "Ya know what...I don't want to know," I state staring at the yard in front of us.

"Have you seen the videos of us on instagram yet?" He asks as I shake my head. He pulls out his phone and moves closer so I can see the pictures of us. I don't look as flustered as I thought I did which is comforting, "You did good," he says as I smile yet again.

"I seriously couldn't have done it without you," I tell him as he shakes his head.

"You would have been fine either way but sometimes you need a little push. I get it," he says as he puts his phone back into his jeans, "What are your plans for the rest of the night? I'm assuming you won't stay here," he says as people scream jumping into the freezing pool.

"Oh my god. Is that Nick?" I ask as heads resurface. Joe starts laughing as the two of us run inside and down the stairs. When we get outside we see Kara and Nick laughing.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Joe asks.

"We lost a bet," Kara says casually as Nick and her get out of the pool. Their breath can be seen in the air as they step closer.

"Oh hell no," I whisper trying to run inside. Kara manages to grab my arm and I scream for Joe but he's being tackled into the pool by Nick. Kevin jogs over and I think he's going to help me but he picks me up over his shoulder and carries me to the edge of the pool.

"I'm begging you," I plead as the two of them jump onto the water with me flailing in his arms. Kara and I start laughing when we see our makeup smearing down our faces, "not a bad look," I tell her as she splashes me. I turn to Kevin and glare at him trying to catch up as he swims away.

"Why is it so warm in here?" Joe asks looking straight at Nick.

"Ew. It's a heated pool," he says looked offended at what Joe implied. We don't stay in long as some people come outside to smoke. They looked at us like we were crazy. I'm sure pictures of the guys will end up on social media sooner or later.

"I'm never wearing a dress ever again around you people," I tease looking at the drenched fabric. Joe puts his arm around my waist as we walk outside.

"You still look beautiful," he says as paparazzi gets closer. I smile and let him open the door as we get into the car. The squeak of the wet clothing on the car seats makes us all cringe. Joe gives the driver my address and I'm shocked he's memorized it.  I'm the type of person who memorized how to get there and not the address.

"When's the next outing for you two love birds?" Kara asks as we both look at her with bored expressions.

"I'm not sure," I say hugging my arms around me trying not to shiver, "Where are we? I feel like this party was in the middle of no where," I ask looking out the window.

"I think we are like a half an hour from the city," Nick says looking at his phone. It's almost 1 am and I'm ready to pass out. I check my phone for some kind of text from Logan but still nothing. He probably passed out after work.

"Do you guys think-" Nick starts asking when something pops outside. All our eyes widen when the car starts slowing down to a stop. The barrier between us and the driver comes down.

"The back tire popped," he says as we all look at him confused, "we don't carry spares in these cars. Sit tight and I'll call a tow company to pick us up," he says.

"The tire would pop as we are soaked in water in 30 degree weather," I joke. Joe takes his phone out to call another car to get us but there's no surface. Kevin and Kara start giggling as the man comes back and tells us what Joe just told us.

"I think I remember seeing a gas station up ahead," Nick says as we shiver from the open door. We all look at him like he's insane, "It wasn't that far we can run," he assures us. Kara is the first one to agree and steps out of the car. Nick puts his coat jacket around her and she tells us to hurry up.

"How long do you think they would stand out there for before they realize we aren't getting out?" Kevin asks as he sits back in his chair.

"Come on, what's the worst that could happen?" I ask staring at the door not wanting to go out into the cold.