Chapter 16: The Failed Date Night

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Eva's POV—
"Hey," I smile opening my arm as Logan wraps his around me, "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever," he says giving me a quick kiss.

"How's work been?" I ask leading him to the pizza I ordered for us, "I saw your instagram post earlier this week," I smile as he sits down and puts a piece on his plate.

"I've been meaning to call you but you know how busy I am," he says as I nod my head.

"I know...I just miss seeing you more often than once every two weeks. You missed my speech," I tell him with a slight frown. He furrows his brows in confusion before remembering, "It's fine. You were busy. The guys took Kara and I to a party afterwards anyways," I tell him. I guess he forgot he was supposed to call me.

His demeanor changes when he hears me mention the brothers, "You're always with them," he says leaving me without anything to say, "I feel like Joe sees you more than I do," he adds.

"I mean...he's...they are my job right now," I point out, "It's not like I'm actively choosing him over you," I tell him. I can tell he's not convinced and I don't know how to change his mind, "How about you come to this party they are throwing? You can't pose at my boyfriend but afterwards...when we are all alone," I tell him putting my arms in his shoulders, linking my fingers behind his neck.

"Fine...just don't kiss him in front of me," he says.

"We haven't kissed anywhere so I wouldn't worry about it," I tell him with a small laugh. This brings a smile back to his lips. He gives me another kiss and we walk into the living room to start our movie date night. It sucks not being able to go out but we didn't leave the apartment much anyways.

"Oh you're here," Kara says. I can see them both rolling their eyes and sink into my spot on the couch, "I'm going out with Nick. Don't wait up," she says. I give her a thumbs up and to tell him hi from me.

"I swear she has a new guy every week it's shocking Nicks lasted this long. Maybe it's the superstardom," he says making me stiffen.

"Ummm? What?" I ask shocked he would say that.

"I just mean...she's never alone in her room," he says making my heart sink even lower, "Come on it's not like her slutty habits are a secret to anyone," he laughs.

"Don't talk about her like that. Who cares if she sleeps around? You don't call your friends sluts when they do," I point out.

"It's different. Come on let's not fight," he says as I sit up.

"Like hell we aren't. How is it different? Cause they are guys? You can't just call my best friend a slut an expect me to move on from it," I tell him standing up. He groans and takes another bite of his pizza.

"Come on it was a joke," he says as he stands up after putting his plate down, "Seriously, I didn't mean anything behind it," He says.

"What does that make me?" I ask covering myself with my arms feeling overly conscious of my body, "You come over and all we do is sleep together since we aren't an official couple," I point out.

"Baby, it's not like that. You know I just hate labels," he says.

"I think you should leave," I whisper looking anywhere but at him, "I'm not in the mood tonight," I tell him.

"Are you serious? You know I skipped out on a boys night to be here," he says making me scoff.

"I'm sorry I'm not slutty enough to just push past you being a dick and still sleep with you," I say raising my voice.

"Whatever. Call me when your period is over," he says making me laugh a bitter laugh. I slam the door behind him and try to fight the tears from falling. I hate that I'm like that. He's not worth the tears. He's such a child. I hear a knock at the door and groan swinging the door open. I stop everything when I see Joe. He's wearing a beanie and sweatpants. His hand is holding onto a small envelope with papers sticking out.

"Are you okay?" He asks making me wipe the tears that fell from my eyes. Instead of waiting for an answer he pushes past me and shuts the door for me, "What the hell was that? I just passed lover boy in the hallway and he just started laughing," he says.

"Joe, I'm not in the mood tonight. I get we have our banter and we pretend to hate each other or whatever but I just can't...not tonight," I plead with him as he kicks his shoes off.

"What happened? Did you finally realize Logan's a dick?" He asks making me bite my lip in frustration, "sorry. Seriously, are you okay?" He asks as I grab a slice of pizza and sit on the counter.

"We had a fight...it's no big deal," I tell him.

"I know I'm probably the last person you want to confide in but I'm up for the challenge," he says making me laugh.

"It's fine. Nothing worth repeating," I tell him as I slide the box in his direction. He takes a napkin and thanks me as he sits next to me, "What's in the envelope?" I ask.

"Paparazzi pictures," he says handing them over. I open it up and see it's of us running from the party. As I keep looking through them there are photos of him on the balcony with that other girl, "Fuck," I whisper as I continue looking at them.

"I know I fucked up," he says as I nod my head, "But all we did was talk so it's not like they got anything worse," he says.

"I like this one," I say showing him the one of the girl walking off as I smile and wave, "We are New York's power couple," I say as he nods his head sarcastically.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asks when I shove the photos back into the envelope. I hop off the counter and grab a bottle of wine from the fridge. I hold it up and he nods his head grabbing the pizza box. I grab two glasses and bring them to the living room. I stare at the half eaten slice on the table and Joe just takes it away to the trash. I thank him when he comes back and sit down.

"Logan's a fucking child," I open up after two glasses of wine, "He's so dumb," I complain as Joe sits there giggling. He's on glass number three.

"Why do you even bother with him?" He asks making me think.

"He's nice when we are alone...usually," I tell him taking another sip from my glass.

"But wouldn't you want someone who's nice all the time?" He asks.

"What like you Mr. Sunshine? Every guy in my life is either a lowkey douchbag or taken," I complain before saying no offense.

"I say you enter for slut era," he says making me laugh when he realizes what he said.

"How can I enter a hoe phase when I'm stuck with you?" I ask.

"Hey a Joe phase isn't so bad," he says making me laugh again. Tonight's been weird. I don't know if it's because he saw me crying but it's like we are just old friends. There's no pressure to look good or put on a brave face.

"What can I say I'm a Joe Jonas fanatic," I tell him as he rolls his eyes again, "we should probably post a story to get the fans excited," I tell him. He nods his head and takes his phone out. He moves closer on the couch and I lean in pressing a kiss to his cheek. His hand is resting on my thigh as he makes a cheeky smile for the camera. He snaps the photo and we both look at the photo. It's cute. He puts the caption, 'Wine night is the best way to end this week,'. I smile as he turns his head and that's when I realize how close I still am. His hand doesn't move from high up on my thigh making my breath catch on my throat. I see his eyes moving to my lips and I catch myself doing the same. I don't know if it's the multiple glasses of wine or the pent up tension between us.

He slowly starts moving in, his lips lightly brush against mine making me shiver just as the door swings open. The two of us pull away and see Kara and Nick walking in drunk off their asses.

"HEY JOSEPH," Kara yells as Nick slams the door shut. I wince at the noise and see it's almost 12 am. Joe stands up and brushes his shirt down.

"I should get going," he says rubbing the back of his neck. He points to Nick and I just shake my head meaning he can stay the night, "It was...have a good night," he quickly says as I stare at the drunk couple in front of me. Just how I wanted the night to end. Complicated almost and drunks.