Chapter 28: Fighting

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Eva's POV—
I regret nothing more than walking into his house. Nick should have come in for a drink or something to save me from this. Joe is cooking dinner for a girl in a really small dress. This can't be platonic. That's the kind of dress you wear on a date or for a hookup, "Hey," I whisper walking into the kitchen. He turns around and crossed his arms staring at me. His T-shirt is wrapped around his arms like it was painted on. It's hard not to think about what those arms were doing a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I should find a new place to stay now. I just can't afford anything with fucking Logan...but if Joe is going to ruin this thing then maybe I should just let him run to the press.

"Who's this?" The girl asks making me look at her. I go to speak but Joe cuts me off saying I'm nobody, "Do you mind?" She asks as I roll my eyes.

"Can we talk?" I ask looking at Joe, narrowing my eyes. He licks his lips in frustration as the girl just scoffs when he tells her to give us a minute. I watch her walk away and even I'm distracted by the way she swings her ass. Her legs are amazing. I realize what I'm doing and turn back to Joe, "What the hell is this?" I ask.

"I'm cooking dinner for a friend?" He says like it's obvious.

"Do you fuck all your friends?" I ask.

"Why did you think you were special?" He asks making my chest tighten. He's trying to get a rise out of me and I'm not falling for it. I try to hide the hurt expression on my face and move on.

I look to see she's far away before speaking, "You're going to ruin the contract. I know you're mad at me but this is," I say as he cuts me off.

"Can we finish this up later? I don't want to keep her waiting. Some people actually care if others are waiting around for them," he says calling her name so I can't speak about the contract anymore.

"Don't fuck this up. I can't afford this and you can't either. This isn't fair to Nick and Kevin," I tell him as he stares me down, "I guess this isn't unexpected...you've always been the fuck up of the family," I whisper before walking out. If he's going to be an asshole so can I.

I want to leave but I have nowhere to go. Nick's expecting us to talk this out. I can at least say I tried. He's impossible. We were fine and one drunk night might ruin that. I sit down on my bed and close my eyes just wanting to sleep. I jump when I hear the front door slam shut.

His footsteps are walking down the hall and my bedroom door is swinging open. I stand up and stare at him with my eyes wide as he crosses the room looking frustrated. A gasp leaves my throat as he pushes me back making my knees buckle. I look up at him from the bed and he pulls his shirt off, "I can't stand you," he whispers before bending down hungrily pressing his lips to mine.

Our relationship is so fucked up.