Chapter 45: The End on an Era

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-
-
-
-

—Eva's POV—

The front door opens and closes and I hear Joe talking making me glance through the opening in the kitchen, "Is that Alena?" I ask jogging over. He puts down a bag as I grab her from his arms.

"Kevin and Danielle are taking a small trip this weekend and I told them we would watch her," he says as he takes the diaper bag from around his neck, "Is that alright?" He asks.

I watch the way her hand grabs my finger, "Of course it's alright. She's so cute," I whisper.

"I'm going to go unpack the crib I bought," he says making me shake my head confused.

"You bought a crib?" I ask looking at him shocked. He stares at the way I'm holding her and I can see the cogs turning in his mind.

"I figured since we moved you into my bedroom...we could make that room a nursery. Now that Danielle's pregnant again and Alena's nearly six months old there will be a lot of kids around," he says, "Maybe soon we can think about putting our own little guy in that room," he adds as he puts his hands on my arms. I lift my head from Alena and look at him in the eyes.

"That's a really big step. We aren't even married and you want kids," I poke fun as he starts walking to the front door to grab the box from his trunk. I know I want a family with him. Every time I see him with Alena it's hard to keep my eyes off him. I go into the bedroom and sit on the floor with her in my arms as he drags the box in.

"Do you think we'd be good parents?" I ask as she sits in my lap. She starts making babbling noises making the two of us start giggling, "With me traveling a lot with the charity and your tour starting back up...it might not be the best time," I point out.

"There's never going to be a perfect time to have a kid," he points out as I let my brain outweigh my heart, "I'm not saying right now but I think it's worth the conversation".

I nod my head understanding trying to ignore the sad look on his face. I didn't reject the idea I'm just trying to be smart. I don't even know if I'm done raising myself let alone another being. It's almost eight pm when he finally finishes the crib. He dramatically falls to the floor as I look over seeing Alena already fast asleep on the bundle of blankets we put on the floor for her. I kneel in front of his body and he just pulls me down on top of him, "Shh you'll wake her up," he says as he covers my mouth to stop my laughter from coming out.

"You're a dork," I whisper as we both look at Alena to make sure she's still sleeping. I get up off the floor and put my hand out to help him up. He picks Alena up slowly and I leave the room to grab the baby monitor. I place it next to the crib as he sets her down. The two of us stand over the crib looking down at her. She's precious.

When I look back up Joe is already looking back at me with the same look in his eyes when he asked me to be his girlfriend. We take the other half of the monitor and walk into the kitchen to talk about dinner. A deep sigh leaves my body when Joe wraps his arms around me from behind, "How was work today?" He asks while watching me shuffle through take-out menus.

"It was busy. A lot of deals are on the table and I just need to talk them over with Kev before finalizing them," I tell him, Kevin's a lot more involved in the money aspect of the charity. Nick and Joe just promote and do shows. I hold up a Chinese food menu and he tells me he will order. I thank him as he walks to grab his phone. I look at the dishes in the sink and groan knowing I won't want to do them later. I put the rubber gloves on and turned the water on. My hands are covered in soap when Joe walks in.

He says my name and I turn around seeing a ring box in his hands. I slam the water off as he opens it showing a breathtaking ring, "I have been carrying it around since our beach trip with Kara and Nick," he says as I stand there dumbfounded, "I want you in every sense of the word. My wife, the mother of my children. I just know you're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with," he says as tears start coming from my eyes. I break the distance between us putting my hands on his cheeks. Our lips move in synch as he pulls my waist against his. When I pull away I laugh at the soap bubbles in his hair. I take the gloves off and throw them into the sink.

I hold my hand out and he slips on the ring. My eyes are so blurry right now I can't see it clearly. Our lips meet in a tender kiss as the overwhelming joy of the situation runs through us. None of us want to let go of each other as we both embrace looking at the ring, "It's beautiful," I tell him resting my head on his chest.

"I have to call Kara," I tell him moving away to grab my phone. I immediately FaceTime her and Joe stands behind me so he can see her reaction.

"What up bitch?" She asks as she bites into a cookie. Joe tells her to get Nick and she just groans as she gets up from the couch. She calls Nick's name and soon his face is coming into frame. I hold my hand up and they both just move closer before their eyes widen, "HOLY SHIT," she yells.

"I'M ENGAGED," I scream as the guys both flinch from the loudness, "WE ARE GOING TO BE RELATED," I add making her scream even louder.

"I have never been happier in my entire life," she says before turning to Nick and giving him an awkward smile.

"We are getting married in two weeks and this is the happiest you've ever been?" He asks in an amused voice.

She slowly turns back to the camera and asks us how he asked. When Alena starts fussing over the monitor Joe says he will go check on her as Kara walks off alone, "I can't believe he asked," she says.

"I know. I thought it would be another year or something," I tell her in all honesty.

"Are you happy?" She asks.

"Beyond. Everything about him...Kara, it scares me how much I love him," I tell her as I lean on the wall connecting the kitchen to the main hallway.

"The way he looks at you tells me he feels the same," she smirks, "I'm happy for you guys. I can't believe how much our lives have changed because of that stupid contract,".

I nod my head in agreement as I think about everything we have been through as a group, "Maybe I should be thanking Candace and Hues," I snort. We talk for a little bit longer before there's a knock at the front door. She says another congratulations before hanging up and letting me get the food. When I get back to the kitchen with the bag I turn up the monitor when I head Joe. He's singing Love Bug to calm her down. My legs feel like Jell-O as I close my eyes and listen to his voice. When he walks in the room he gives me another kiss before grabbing two forks to start eating.

Eva Jonas has a good ring to it. I could really get used to it.

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed. <3