Chapter 19: clubbing

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Eva's POV—
I'm so thankful that the guys brought us home before going out. I would have been way under dressed. Kara forced me to wear my little black dress and heels. I do look incredible but it's freezing outside, " I thought you said this was gonna be at your house?" I ask Kevin as we walk into a club. He just smiles and walks to the bar to grab a drink when he sees Daniella. I wonder off to the second floor when everyone starts talking to people they know. I swear Nick and Kara find a place anywhere to sneak off to. It's a real talent. I head to the bar after a while and grab a small drink before continuing my circle around the club. I have never seen half of these people and it's crazy to think Kevin has this many friends. I don't doubt it since he's a great guy. How can he afford to rent this place out? I guess he's a rockstar or whatever.

"Having fun?" A guy asks as I lean against a wall on my phone. I lift my head and smile at the attractive man.

"I am having a blast," I tell him putting my phone in my small purse, "I'm Eva, by the way," I smile.

"Danny, do you want a drink?" He asks as I notice mines empty. I nod my head and follow him back to the bar. He leans over the counter and hails the bartender over. He orders two jack and cokes for us.

"So, how do you know Kevin?" I ask as we walk into a quieter hallway after getting our drinks. He seems sweet from what I got to know at the bar.

He takes a sip and smiles, "I was a sound crew guy on their tour a couple years back. I'm in town and he invited me," he says moving closer so I can hear him.

"That's so cool. How did you get into that career?" I ask making small talk. He's pretty easy to talk to and he's really nice.

"Hey babe," Joe says coming over putting his hand on my waist. He says a quick hello to his old friend Danny as his grip on my waist tightens, "Do you mind if I steal her?" He asks not letting him answer before dragging me away.

"Way to cockblock me," I tease as he moves his hand to mine and leads me to the dance floor.

"Just cause this is Kevin's party doesn't mean we aren't being watched," he says as he starts dancing with me to make it seem like we are just a happy couple. I put my hands around him as he moves in closer. I try to say something but the music gets louder as I lean my head on his shoulder. This place is getting more and more crowded by the second. Our bodies are practically on top of each other to hear anything.

"I was just talking, what are you jealous?" I smirk as our faces our inches apart. I spin my body around and move with him. I gasp as our chests are pressed together when another couple bumps into us. Joes hands are wrapped around me tightly as I look into his eyes, "You're getting good at this charade," I compliment.

"For good reason," he says looking behind me. A man is walking around looking for people to take pictures of. I would have never caught on. I guess Joe has a good eye for finding people like that. I turn my head and look back at him when the man finds us. I put mouth next to his ear pretending to whisper something. I go to pull away when Joe puts his lips under my ear. I try to fight the sigh that leaves my lips as he holds onto my waist.

His eyes move to my lips as he pulls away making my stomach flutter. My hands work through his hair as our hips are pressed together. Sweat drips down our bodies as the heat in the club seems to rise. Our faces are frozen in each other as everything else in the club seems to drift away. His face moves closer like the night we got drunk on wine and I don't want to be interrupted this time. Everything in my body is telling me to move forward and break the distance. But my head is telling me he hasn't changed and this is just for the stupid contract. His eyes are so hypnotizing. It makes me feel drunk. I just want to be drunk and in his arms. I don't know if I mean that but in this moment I do.

How can a couple nights change all of my feelings about someone? Was it all a lie? Is he really sorry about being a dick? Do I care?

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" He asks making me focus on him again.

I stutter my response as his hand reaches up and moves a piece of hair from my face, "You," I tell him as our movements slow down. His hand pulls me closer connecting our lips in an intoxicating kiss. No matter how many times I've thought about this none of them lived up to it. His lips move against mine feverishly as my hands hold onto him. He tastes of mint and whiskey. Through all the music I can still hear the small groan he lets out as I tug on his hair. He puts his hands on my face as he breaks away to catch his breath.

"Do you think the camera caught it?" I ask him turning my head around. When I look back at him something different. His hands let go of my waist as he backs away, "Joe?" I ask as the other people on the dance floor cut us off from each other.

I need to find Kara. I race off the dance floor and climb the stairs to the second floor. I open a door and widen my eyes seeing something I shouldn't have. I push open the next door and see her and Nick talking on a couch, "We need to leave," I mutter as she looks at my flushed expression.

"What why?" She asks as Nick stands up worried.

"I just...there was...I umm..." I ramble looking at Nick. He takes this as his queue and walks out with a small good luck.

"Girl, what is wrong with you?" She asks forcing me to sit down. I rub the back of my neck and catch my breathe as everything replays in my mind.

"Joe and I just made out on the dance floor," I tell her as she widens her eyes in complete shock.

"How did that even happen? I mean last week you guys hated each other?" She points out as I laugh a tired laugh.

"I know but then we were dancing and then it just happened. God...it was like the kiss of all kisses. It's like if young Christian Bale came up to you and just rocked your world," I tell her to put it into perspective. Her mouth drops open as she looks at me in shock, "but then he ran away and I don't know what that means. He probably regretted it and went to throw up," I rant covering my face with my hands.

"What happened exactly before he ran off? You have a tendency to be an idiot," she says making me scoff.

"I asked if the camera got it cause we were being watched," I say as she sinks in her seat.

"I really wonder how you got into this situation. You're so void of love knowledge," she says as I glare at her, "bro you made it seem like all you cared about what the cameras? He probably thinks it's only for the contract," she says as I close my eyes. I'm such an idiot.

"Should I go after him?" I ask feeling embarrassed.

"No let him cool down. You know how hot a tempter he has. Unless you want to have some hot make up sex," she says as I stand up to leave, "Too far? Too far," she says holding her hands up as she follows me.