Chapter 33: Knuckles

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Eva's POV—

I go to hit play on the next episode of my show when I see Joe walk past my door, "Night," I yell to tell him I'm home. We haven't seen each other all day. When he doesn't say anything back I slip out of bed and walk down the hall. The bathroom light shining from the open door is the only thing lighting up the hallway.

I slowly walk into the doorway and see Joe bent over looking in his bathroom drawers, "you alright?" I ask. He turns around and I see the knuckles on his right hand covered in blood and bruises, "Holy shit," I whisper as he runs them under the water. He tries to hide how much it hurts but it clearly does.

"I zoned out at the gym and I missed the punching bag," he says flexing his hand, "could you grab me some ice?" He asks. I nod my head quickly running to the kitchen. Is it bad that I find this attractive? I should really seek some therapy. He comes back to the kitchen and sits at the counter. I wrap the ice in a small towel and hand it to him.

"How does it feel?" I ask. He shrugs his shoulders and says it looks worse than it is but I highly doubt that, "I do have some good and bad news," I tell him making him look back up from his injury, "What do you want first?" I ask.

"good news," he states looking at me with a nervous smile.

I give him a sad look, "I was hoping you said bad news first cause the good news isn't that good," I reveal getting a small chuckle from him, "I scheduled a meeting with our management for two days after Christmas to deal with the Logan situation," I tell him. His jaw visibly tightens at the mention of his name making me want to cower in a corner.

"The bad news?" He asks.

"He has asked me to give him $1,000 tonight. I've been flaking on him since I've told you so he's upped his price for the week," I tell him.

"You're not going. End of discussion," he says going to get up.

I stand still for a second before following after him, "Joe, he has pictures of me he's going to release to the internet. He hasn't shown me what that actually means," I point out.

"He won't risk losing his income. You're not going, plus we have our last Christmas party tonight," he points out before continuing to walk away.

I try to stop him as he walks into his room but he turns around and stops me from following into his bedroom, "Unless you're trying to end up in my bed tonight. I'd rather not talk about this anymore," he says with a small wink before shutting his door. I stand there completely stunned in front of his shut door. With a quick roll of my eye, I go back to the room and lie down on my bed. I swear if a picture of my boob ends up on the internet cause of this I'm shaving his head.

My room rings beside my head making me jump a little as Kara's ringtone plays, "Hey bestie," I breathe trying to get comfy.

"What's wrong at Casa De Jonas?" She asks.

"Nothing. I'm just tired and I'm not in the mood for the party tonight," I tell her.

There's some commotion on her side making it hard for me to hear her, "Sorry Nick and I got into a fight about something stupid and now he's blasting rock music," she says with a small laugh.

"What did you fight about?" I ask hearing 80s hair rock more clearly now.

"He didn't get me a gift but I got him one so now he's mad. Just cause I said I didn't want gifts doesn't mean I won't spoil him," she states.

She groans and then I hear her flop down on her bed, "Joe and I did the same thing but he got me a necklace and I got him tickets to this musician he likes," I tell her.

"You'd think I'd be the one mad that I didn't get a gift but no he's in his room annoyed that I got him something," she says with a cheery laugh, "I just hope he doesn't think too much into it," she says with a sigh.

"Look at you refusing to take money from a rich man," I tease.

She scoffs in fake offense, "It was one time and the old man was copping a feel I deserved compensation," she defends.

"Oh trust me I know," I laugh.

"I guess I should go try to talk to him before tonight or it's going to be hella awkward," she says.

"Good luck. Who knows maybe he's in there buying you a Tiffany necklace or something," I tease making her panic. She quickly says bye and I plug my phone in. I do not want to go tonight.