Chapter 20: One shot leads to two shots

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Eva's POV—
It's been two weeks since we have seen the guys. Or at least since I've seen them. Kara is still going out with Nick and I'm honestly grateful the whole club incident hasn't messed them up, "Babe, call him," she says walking into the living room as I sit on the couch with my bowl of ramen noodles.

"The fans think we broke up. But I'm terrified to face him," I tell her honestly.

"Think of the kids. You can face moody Jonas for them," she says rubbing my shoulder as she slips her shoes on, "Nick said he's going to be home tonight. Go over there and kiss the shit out of him," she tells me.

"Maybe," I mumble holding the noodles closer to my chest. The door shuts a couple minute later leaving me in the empty apartment. There's a knock at the door and my breathing picks up as I walk over expecting Joe. When I open the door and see Logan my hopes are deflated.

He leans in giving me a kiss with a bright smile, "How have you been?" He asks as I let him in.

"Busy and tired from work," I tell him not sugarcoating anything.

He moves closer and brings his hand to my cheek, "I know a way that could change that," he says going to lean in. I pull away and shake my head.

"I'm not in the mood right now. Can we just watch a movie and lay in my bed?" I ask him. He nods his head and I smile as he walks with me to my room. He grabs the remote and lifts the blanket for me to crawl under. He lays down beside me and lets me snuggle up against his side. He turns on a random movie on Netflix. His hand slides down my side and rests on my lower back. I'm half asleep when I feel him reach for his phone. I peak at who he's texting and I see him texting a girl. I sit up when I see him sexting her as I'm in his arms. What am I doing? I should be banging on Joe's door to talk to him not with Logan.

"Get out," I tell him as I get up to change, "GET OUT," I yell as he looks at me confused.

"What the hell are you on about?" He asks as he stands up.

"This is over. I'm done with your shit. You don't want a girlfriend. Fine. Fuck off then," I tell him as I push him out the door. I follow him until he's in the hallway holding his shoes in his hands. I slam the door and lock it before running to my closet. I change into jeans and a sweatshirt before sliding my sneakers on. I grab my keys and turn the lights off before running downstairs.

The streets are flooded with traffic and I look at the time. I run down the street and enter the first entrance to the subway. I hop on the last subway in the direction of his house.

Through the various ways of transportation I make it to his house in just under forty minutes. I'm out of breath as I bang my hand on his door. It's almost 10 pm he might be asleep. I keep banging on his door until a light turns on. When he opens up he's holding a baseball bat and only puts it down when he sees me covered in rain. Of course the sky gods opened up in me when I was running here, "What the hell happened?" He asks as I catch my breath. I push past him and kick my shoes off feeling disgustingly wet, "Sure invite yourself in," he says shutting the door.

"We have to post. Our management isn't happy," I tell him. He rolls his eyes and starts walking to the kitchen, "Where are you going?" I ask following him. He grabs a large bottle of expensive whiskey from his shelf and starts pouring two shots, "Why are you drinking?" I ask getting annoyed.

"This is the only way I can deal with you," he says flipping that switch back to asshole. I roll my eyes and grab that bottle pouring myself a glass. He looks at me and downs the two shots scrunching his face at the burn.

I take my phone out and move closer to Joe with my glass in hand. I force him to wrap his arms around me as I take a photo. I look at my phone and see he frowned, "Can you not just do this? Then I can leave and you can go back to whatever the hell you do," I tell him.

"I'm not in the mood," he says grabbing the bottle and carrying it to the living room. I stand at the counter trying not to freak out before drinking the rest of my drink.

"I don't care if you're not in the mood. This has to be done to secure our deal. Joe this isn't about you and me," I tell him. I snag the bottle from his hand and take a hefty swig of it. I see the bottles of beer on the counter from before I got here making me roll my eyes. He lets out a sour laugh making me turn back to him, "What?" I ask putting my hands on my hips.

"You just think you're so much better than everyone else," he says as he hands me back the bottle. I take another shot of it before putting it on the table. He's clearly already tipsy and I've gotten there quick.

"I don't think I'm better than everyone else," I tell him as he sits up on the couch. His hands reach up touching my waist. The wet fabric under his hands doing nothing to stop the heat from rising in my body.

"You should though," he whispers. His hands move me forward making me fall onto his lap.

"Joe, you're drunk," I whisper as his lips brush over mine, "You should get to bed," I tell him. He lifts up the bottle and presses it to my lips as I stare at him. Not even me drinking breaks it apart. It's like my eyes are glued to his. His hands moving around my waist and down my lower back. His hands are intoxicating. My tongue takes in the liquor from my bottom lip as I pull the bottle away.

"You're so infuriating," I tell him as he takes his phone out. His lips turn to a smirk as he takes the camera and takes a picture of me on his lap. I try to grab the phone but he throws it to the other couch.

"If I'm so infuriating, why are you still here?" He asks as his fingers move under the hem of my shirt. His skin creating a tiny trail as he slowly lifts it up. I pull the wet fabric over my head and leave it abandoned on the floor. His eyes stay locked on mine as his hands move up my chest, "What do you want front page?" He asks as I shutter from his touch.

I lean down connecting our lips after a torturously long time. His hand wraps in my hair as he pulls me closer, I didn't even know that was possible. He wraps my legs around his waist as he stands up with me in his arms. I move my lips down to his neck as I trust him with moving us through his house. He groans as I leave a visible mark on the side of his neck.

He lays me down on a bed I'm assuming is his as he strips his shirt off. I lean on my elbows as I watch him slowly crawl over top of me. His lips attach to mine making my body arch into his. His hands continue to explore my body as they stop at the waistband of my jeans. He pulls away looking into my eyes and I nod my head pulling him closer to me. He doesn't waste time as he slowly moves his lips to my neck. My neck to my chest and down my stomach. I gasp as his hands slowly start undoing the buttons and zipper making my head spin.

Until I wake up the next day with the sun shining in my eyes from the window in front of the bed. I turn my body and see Joe next to me asleep with the blanket covering his lower half. His arm is wrapped loosely around me as I close my eyes from the headache that takes over.