Chapter 25: decorating

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Eva's POV—

"Why am I so sore?" I groan walking into the living room where Joe is sitting. He's smirking into his coffee as I glare, "I worked out yesterday for the first time in years," I tell him as he laughs.

"Yeah we did"

"Shut up," I grimace, "I have to go into the office today. Do you need anything while I'm out?" I ask grabbing a cup of coffee. We've gotten into a good routine these past three weeks. It's still very weird living with a Jonas Brother. Nick and Kevin are always over which means Kara is too. The house is never empty.

"I'm going to the studio. I can pick up some food on the way home," he says standing up from the table, "Oh before I forget," he says walking past me, "Nick is throwing a Christmas party this weekend," he informs me.

I follow him into the main hallway, "Ohhh that sounds so fun. I've always wondered what Christmas parties look like for rich people," I tell him as he rolls his eyes, "Please tell me you're not the beige type of Christmas. I don't think I could handle that," I groan.

"I'm always surprised by how dramatic you are and then somehow you always get worse," he says grabbing his keys off the hook.

"Very funny. Speaking of Christmas...when are you decorating your place?" I ask as he opens the door for me.

"Is this your way of asking if you can decorate it?" He asks. I nod my head making him laugh as he tells me everything is in the basement. He opens his car door and leans on the window as I unlock my car, "Just don't go too crazy," he says.

"I'll start when I get home tonight," I tell him getting into the car. The look on his face tells me he doesn't believe me.

The drive to the office wasn't too bad. I could have stayed home but I like doing paperwork at my desk. I also miss Stella. When I walk in she has a coffee waiting for me and I skip over with a giddy smile on my face.

"What's got you so happy? Could it be this?" She asks turning around the magazine of Joe and I carrying boxes, "Love birds moving too quickly? Or not quick enough?" She says reading the title.

"Joe gave me permission to decorate the house tonight. I'm assuming there's going to be a lot because of the size of it," I tell her as she follows me into my office. She shuts the door so we can gossip as I set up my things.

"I'm going to hold up my hands and you tell me when to stop," she says as she slowly starts widening them, "Holy shit no way," she gushes when I refuse to answer, "Now this is impossible," she says when she gets at least two feet out.

"I'm going to ignore that question and warn you that boss man is on his way over," I tell her looking past her head. She rolls her eyes with a thanks before walking back to her desk. Today is one of those days the gods decided to come down give me a quick kiss on the cheek and leave. I finished all my paperwork before 2 pm. I don't know how I did it but the magic of zoning out and listening to music is a major contributor.

"Leaving already?" Stella asks with a wink as I walk past wearing my coat.

"I'll text you later about a girl's night with Kara," I tell her as I push my way out of the building. Now it's time to get fully into the Christmas spirit.

-

-

"What the hell did you do?" He asks as he walks into the house. I just finished putting the last ornament on the tree, "Where did you even find all of this?" He questions dropping his bag onto the kitchen counter.

"I know you said not to go crazy...but what's the fun in that," I smile stepping down from the small ladder I'm on, "You're also a hoarder. This was all crammed into your basement," I tell him.

He walks throughout the entire house with a straight face until he gets to the living room, "this is insane. Why didn't you become a party planner or something?" He asks as I stand with a goofy smile.

"Cause I only like doing it once a year," I tell him sitting on the couch.

"Well...it looks nice. Thanks," he says sitting beside me as he stares at the tree in front of him. His eyes follow the line of tinsel running down the tree, "Nick's going to be jealous," He says as I shake my head.

"If Kara got her hands on his holiday stuff...trust me his place is going to look like a gingerbread house exploded," I tell him with a smile as he turns his head to look at me.

"You're both insane," he says as we both laugh.