Chapter 27: Nick's Advice

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Eva's POV—

I start gathering my folders from the table as everyone starts walking out of the meeting, "Eva, there's a call on line 1," Stella tells me poking her head into the conference room. I thank her before she leaves and walk to the phone picking it up.

"Eva Brown," I answer.

"Where the hell have you been?" Kara says making my shoulders fall.

"I don't have time for this right now. Why did you call my work?" I ask.

"You haven't texted or called all week and Nick said you and Joe fought," she says making me sigh in frustration.

I look at the glass separating me from the rest of the office and turn to the windows, "nothing happened. We are fine," I tell her not wanting to think about it. Joe and I have been passing each other in silence. I don't even remember what happened that night. I woke up to the house empty and when he came home I was drowning in the tension.

"You're not fine. You haven't posted with him and the fans are speculating," she says as if I haven't seen it.

"I have to go but thanks for the concern," I mumble before hanging up. When I walk back to my office Stella is waiting with her coffee.

"Trouble in paradise?" she asks as I slam my stuff down. I lean back in my chair and
contemplate jumping from the window, "Girly, what the hell happened?".

I run my hands through my hair and rest my head on my arms, "I have no idea," I groan.

"How do you not know?"

"I was drunk and then woke up and shit was weird," I tell her as she nods her head with a knowing smile.

"You have never been the nicest drunk," she says as I drop my head down, "I'm sure it will blow over soon. If anything you can just seduce Joe. Don't all guys forget about their problems when a girl is in front of them?" She says as I glare at her.

"Not helping S," I snap, "I should probably go. I practically finished everything here," I say as she stands up. She starts gathering my things for me and I thank her as she walks me out.

"Good luck," she whispers as I push the door open. I'm going to need it. The streets are cold and the sky is white as I try to find a cab. I hear a gasp from beside me and see a girl holding her phone with wide eyes.

"Are you dating Joe Jonas?" she asks making me force a sickly sweet smile on my face. I nod my head and she asks for a picture, "What's he like?" She gushes.

"He's amazing and he always smells really good which kind of freaks me out," I laugh as she starts texting her friends, "It was lovely to meet you," I smile before walking off. I hate having to pretend I'm in love with him even when it's awkward between us. I don't know who I pissed off but there are no cabs in this city. Whenever you need one they are nowhere to be seen.

"Eva?" I hear making me spin around. I see Nick holding a grocery bag as he walks over, "Need a ride?" he asks making me immediately smile.

"Please, it's freezing and I've been out here for almost twenty minutes," I tell him. He leads me to where his car is a couple blocks down and unlocks the door. It's a little uncomfortable at first cause I know  he wants to ask me about Joe, "Do you know why Joe hates me?" I ask.

He squirms a little in his seat meaning he does, "I don't want to get in the middle of this," he says as I look out the window, "But," he adds making me spin around, " I will say that you kind of ripped his head when you came home plastered," he says making me sink in my seat.

"I was hoping it wasn't my fault," I whisper.

"He didn't give me much information but it sounded like he was worried about you and then you told him he's not your boyfriend and to fuck off. I kind of just sat back as he rambled on so I don't know what you actually said," He says making me put my head in my hands. 

"I was stressed and needed time alone. I didn't mean to stay out all night," I explain, "I hate drinking. I hate how aggressive I get when I'm drunk," I groan.

"Are you okay? You kind of just ran off and then the fight?" He asks making me give him a small smile.

"It's just one of those months, ya know?" I ask not wanting him to ask anything else, "What should I do?" I ask as he pulls up on the street of Joe's house. I stare at the house as we come to a stop and he parks out front.

"I don't think this will blow over so if you want to make the rest of this year go by smoothly...I would talk to him. You guys were friends whether you like to admit it or not," He says. I guess the guys don't know about the extent of our relationship and I'm thankful for it. I nod my head and thank him for the ride as I step out of the car. When I'm halfway up the driveway I hear his window roll down, "You'll be fine," He yells before driving off.