Newt imagine 2# (Angst!)

Actor: Thomas Brodie Sangster
Character: Newt
Gender of Reader: Other gender. (Basically like; Transgender, Gender-fluid, even also Nonbinary if you want. And more.)
Type of love: Angst

(Another sad imagine of yet again, Newt dead, I'm sorry

(Another sad imagine of yet again, Newt dead, I'm sorry.😅🥲)

Y/n's POV:

What is the purpose of life, all my friends and family died, Chuck, Alby, Winston, Teresa, Newt.

God always seems to make me and my other friend's life a living hell, creating the flare virus and destroying the entire world almost. I was thankfully immune to the dangerous virus, unlike others.

Me and Thomas had to be the one to kill Newt, both Newt and Thomas were fighting one other; Newt losing his mind and body, once Newt was distracted...I stabbed him in the heart. He died in my arms, saying his final words to me.

I've been getting distance towards my friends, ignoring them, even self harming myself so no one would know, wearing long sleeve pants and shirts. Everyone of my friends, I have been ignoring them.

Thomas, Minho, Gally, Frypan, Brenda, even Jorge tried to talk to me; I always declined what they wanted to say. Depression slowly killing me, every day and night.

Me and Newt have been best friends ever since we arrived in the glade, three years ago. I was a runner and so was he, I was betrayed when I learned Newt tried to kill himself. He promised me to talk to me, comfort, everything that was on our minds. 

We went through hell together, once Thomas and Teresa arrived in the glade; it always Newt who protected me. From the maze, to the scorch, to destroying the last WICKED city. Watching him die.

One things for sure. I'll never forgive myself, never. I lost my best friend, my boyfriend. Me and Newt became official after he tried to kill himself in the maze. Very beautiful years together, loving each other; pretty much what lovers do.

I was sitting outside of the roof of my hut, the wind blowing through my hair, blinking my eyes every couple of seconds, breathing in and out. The emotionless gaze viewing the moon, stars, clouds, maybe even heaven.

I heard a noise, I looked down to see a lizard, aka a newt. I sighed, I put my hand down; the newt crawled in my hand, I lifted the small animal up, looking at the lizard. The colors on the lizard were; brown, a dirty blonde, and orange. Almost like human Newt.

Small tears fell down my cheek, gritted my teeth, trying to hold the tears back.

"Love." I heard a voice said, that voice! Is that...Newt!!! I shot my head up, eye widened; it was Newt sitting next to me. More tears came falling from my eyes, he gave me a warm soft smile.

I was quick to give him the biggest, tight hug. My arms wrapped around Newt's waist, my head laying on his shoulder. Choking out sobs and cries, landing on Newt's shoulder. 

I could even feel Newt's eyes widening, shocked I hugged him in a tight embrace. His smile forming and eves closing, his arms wrapping around my waist. My eyes still spilling tears, my teeth gritted.

"You can't give up, never give up Love. I won't let you. I miss you, I love you. You have to stay alive, for our friends, for me. I'll always by your side, spirt or not. Never forget me Love. I love you." Newt says, the sound of comfort and sadness in his voice. 

His and my arms still holding each other, comforting each other. I felt dripping on my shoulder, which is Newt. 

"I love you Newt!! I'll never forget you!! Don't leave me!!" I scream, only to be heard by cries. Newt saying words: 'I got you Love.' Or 'I'll be by your side.' 

We let go, staring at each other, our faces stained with tears. Newt gave me another warm, soft, smile. Always would help through, pain, death, remembering our friends. 

"Goodbye Love. Never forget me." Newt said, I nodded at him, he flashed one more soft smile at me. BANG! I looked at the sky, seeing dark night sky, forming to a thunderstorm. Lighting flashes going off after the thunder. I looked where Newt was, only to see a lizard newt.

The human Newt was gone, I was staring at the lizard newt. He slithered back into my hand, sleeping on the palm of my hand. One things for sure; is this lizard really Newt. 

His body recreated to a lizard, possibly. The next morning arrived, I've kept the lizard; naming it...Newt. Newt may be gone, but at least I have lizard Newt. Honoring Newt.

At least I now have something to remind me of Newt, the lizard Newt, and Newt watching over me.

 I'll always love you Newt, for my whole life, living to death.