Joel Dawson imagine 1# (Angst!)

Actor: Dylan O'Brien
Character: Joel Dawson
Gender of Reader: Female
Type of love: Angst

(Song for this imagine is Let Her Go, most people find it annoying, but fucking deal with it.)

Y/n's POV:

Y/n's POV:

Me and Joel have been traveling for days; we have just met a man and what seemed to be his daughter. Minnow and Clyde. Minnow and Joel are currently working on Joel using his weapon, and trying not to freeze, me and Clyde were standing by the edge of the mountain.

Later today I was gonna train Joel; I'm mostly good with Joel's weapon, and mainly better with swords, guns, and poisons. Feeling the wind blowing through my hair; Boy sitting down next to me, panting, which had me kneeling down and calming him down.

"You like Joel, don't you?" Clyde asks, I look up at him, eye widened, then looking at Joel; who was getting a lecture by Minnow.

"Yeah..." I say.

"But he doesn't like me." I added. Clyde walked behind of Boy, getting his attention, he then kneeled down, and looked at me. Hand resting on his knee, and taking his hat off, tightening his grip on his hat; so the wind doesn't blow it away.

"Kid, someday he'll realize...that he loves you. Maybe he loves you, but is hiding it. You can come with us, if you don't want to see Aimee, you can come with me and Minnow. Take you back to your colony, see Joel soon? Or come join me and Minnow on survival together? Think about it Y/n, think about it." Clyde explains, he then got up and left.

I started petting Boy, thinking if I should join Joel for his stupid love for Aimee, join Clyde and Minnow to take back to my colony to find Joel again, or just never go back to my colony and just stick with Clyde and Minnow. My eyes now widening, small tears coming out of my eyes, and touching my cheeks.

I was smiling, forcing it, but now...it feels like the smile of pain, sadness, and most of all. Heartbreak. Guess Joel and I weren't meant to be, I was meant to not love anyone, and he was meant to love his high school lover; Aimee.

Boy looked at me, and started licking me; he possibly saw the tears and was licking them off. A small smile now forming on my face, as Boy was giving me some comfort. Boy braking and licking me still, causing me to laugh; all the sudden some yelling came, from Minnow. Lecturing Joel again, and some yelling about...me.

"Pretend it's Y/n!! There about to die!! Save one! Y/n or Aimee!!" Minnow yells. Joel started focusing, stood on his position, hand shaking and touching the trigger, he fired it, but it missed, both of the targets getting snapped and broken; from one of the traps Clyde made.

Joel took a defeated sigh, aiming his crossbow down on the ground, scratching the back of his neck, in embarrassment.

"You shoot like a little girl, and I'm 8 years old." Minnow says. I chuckled, Minnow did remind me of my past self when I was 14 years old. Back when...my family was still alive. My mom. My dad. My brother. And my sister.