- Past -

——————✧◦♚◦✧——————⋆

——————✧◦♚◦✧——————⋆

~ 120 ~

Rhaella had been out on a flight with her eldest, the flights had come to an end when Baelon flew to tell his mother a raven had arrived from Driftmark. Rhaella had been fast to land, her pregnant belly not letting her go much faster.

Had Laena gone to Labor? No the two were to give birth in two moons.

Cregan looked at her, giving her a tight smile as he handed her the letter, Rhaella opened the letter only to drop it as a sob left her mouth. Cregan by her side as he held her.

✧◦♚◦✧

The entire burial had been a blur for Rhaella, she only remembered how mad she had been at Daemon when he dared laugh. She wanted nothing but to strangle her uncle. She had taken Baela and Rhaena in her arms as the twins cried to her. She had remained by their side the entirety of the burial until Rhaenyras and her own children took them away.

The night of the burial Rhaella had barricaded herself in her bed chamber crying for the woman she had loved since she knew what love was. Laena should be here with her. Cregan had been by her side worrying for the babe and the health of his wife.

That night the heavy knocks of Ser Erryk had startled the both. "Rhaella, Cregan." Both knew it was serious when Erryk did not use their titles. "What has happened?" Cregan had been the one to ask. "Alyssa's arm was slashed" Rhaella had rushed to her daughter's side.

When she arrived she saw her youngest nephew with a bloody nose and her own daughter with her hand being treated by maester Gerardys. "What has happened?" Rhaella shouted as she raised to her daughter's side Cregan doing the same.

"What has happened is that Lucerys took my son's eye!" That is when both Rhaella and Cregan notice the boy no longer had an eye but a large cut where the eye should be. "Lucerys" Everyone's attention had gone to the heir to the iron throne.

Rhaella felt hatred towards her sister for the first time in her life. She could have at least tried to hide what she had been doing before being here. The fight had started between both sides of the royal family.

"Enough" It was Rhaella's voice that broke the commotion her hand resting on her large bump. "Baela, Rhaena my sweet nieces, A dragon cannot be passed like a dress or jewelry from one person to another. But Aemond what you did what you call our nephews that is not ok... What you speak is treason and as young as you are it can lead to your head being put on a spike!" 

"You will not say such things to my son! What happened to my son should be punished! Lucerys should be punished!" Rhaella had to hold into Cregan's arm her head feeling dizzy as she heard the creaming once more. Her Laena was dead and they were fighting cause of her dragon.