Chapter 6

Laureline's pov

After spending the whole day with Luca who had succeeded in cheering me up, we decided to go to bed

After spending the whole day with Luca who had succeeded in cheering me up, we decided to go to bed. There was a knock on my door, it was Daniella.
“Hi... I just wanted to apologize to the both of you for what happened earlier today. We would love for you guys to stay and we wouldn't try to send you away. Some of your siblings just haven't gotten used to having you guys around they just need to adjust. We all do. ” she says with tears forming in her eyes.
Lucas and I look each other understanding what she is saying.
“Would you like to come in? ” I say seeing as she was still standing outside the door.
She chuckles and sits on the bed. When we join her she tells us that she would like to take us shopping for new clothes, electronics and school supplies.
“You don't have to do that” Luca and I say in unison
“I'm not taking no for an answer” she says
“You already gave us shelter and food we don't need anything else” Luca says
After arguing we decided to let her have the win.

“You two have grown up so much” she mumbles but we heard her.
“How did we end up in forster care” Luca asks. I want to hit his arm for being so upfront about it but Daniella stops me
“You two were kidnapped when you were only 2. Your disappearance broke this family and we've been trying to piece it together ever since. We looked everywhere for you for years but no one could find you guys, it was as if you never existed” She explained crying as she had to recall the events.
“That is why we will never let you two go, you bring light to this family. We need you to get us back to what we used to be a strong, united and happy family again. And anyone who ever tries to take you from me again will have to go over my dead body. ”

Hearing what she had brought in emotions that I never knew could exist, the love of a mother and a new level of happiness. Even after this I can't get over the chance that she might be lying to us just like all the others but what could she possibly gain from this when she has everything. Trying to get over my worries I hug her and I feel so calm and peaceful. I see Luca standing by the bed thinking if what she said is true so Daniella pulled him into a hug too and it was perfect, just me, my brother and my mom.
I could see that Luca felt what I did too and after skipping dinner and talking with Daniella, I said to Luca “I like her” but I was not expecting him to say “me too”.

Next day

Dante's pov

Damon and I spent the whole night trying to come up with an apology for Lucas and Laureline

Damon and I spent the whole night trying to come up with an apology for Lucas and Laureline. When we went to Laureline's room we heard mom laughing and talking about random things with them seeing this made my heart break, because I could hear the relief and happiness in my mom's voice just like she was before they were taken.
“We'll come back later dude” Damon said with a sigh
“I wonder what they were talking about” I say to no one in particular
“Keep wondering, Lucas isn't gonna let us anywhere near Laureline” he says
“Doesn't it concern you that he had cigarettes on him? ”
“He's my baby brother of course it does but we smoke too so it isn't that big a deal ” Damon says trying to convince himself
I know that he's right but something doesn't sit right with the both of us on that matter.

“Why are you two standing by the hallway like you have nothing better to do? ” says a clearly irritated Lucian “Dad needs you two to find out how long the twins have been in foster care and what was happening ”
Damon and I are the people on the ground, we help make deals between small gangs and talk to regular people who know things to get certain information. You wanna know what happens in your house while you're gone we find out from anyone and everyone who's ever met you.
“He's worried about Lucas having cigs too? ” I ask Lucian already knowing the answer. He gives me a nod and walks away.
“Let the search begin” Damon and I say in unison before leaving the house to get some drinks and making calls to people in Idaho