Chapter 32

3rd person's pov

Damon and his twin brother Dante are walking around the harbour in Long Island. Looking for anything that is out of place they end up in a bar and start behaving like normal people who just came for a drink.

They sat near the bar and started questioning the bartender.
“Excuse me can we get scotch on the rocks” says Dante
“Coming right up!” the bartender says with a smile
How long have you been working here... Jesse?” He asks looking at her name tag
“3 years now moved here from Texas”
“Hmm, you like it here?”
“It's not like home but it's great, the people are also kind”
“That's not what we got when we moved here. Some guy came up with a gun demanding our wallets. ” Damon interrupts
“Really? I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure it's just some who thought he'd make a lot in the city. Nothing like this ever happens”
“So you're saying nothing out of the ordinary has happened here?”
“Not since I've been here. Maybe it was just bad luck ”
“Maybe... thanks Jesse”
“Anytime”

The two boys walk out having evidence that nobody unusual or cocky has come through looking for them. They call their younger brothers Carter and Lorenzo that no one has been to base. They had been checking if they were hacked and if there was any fault with the submarine but all seems to be well.
If something was to go wrong Karina and Emilio, the sniper and assassin of their families were waiting to attack.

Meanwhile

Daniella and Koroleva were going to a blacksmith they knew for weapons. His name was Dallas and he was their supplier until he quit 10 years ago.
They stand outside and knock on the black steel door. He peaks his head out and calls them in.
“I never thought I'd see the two of you here considering that you both decided to get married to Mafia bosses” he says pointing a gun towards them
“Dallas put the gun down we need a favor” says Daniella
“What kind of favor? ”
“Your specialty, weapons” Koroleva explains
“You two must be in deep shit if you need poor old Dallas's weapons.”
“You have no idea” the two ladies say in unison
He sent up a whole tray of weapons and the two women go home to set the weapons up.

Lucian's pov

Lucian's pov

Katya and I were put on party duty

Katya and I were put on party duty. Which means spying on Arlo. That idiotic bastard even decided to make it masquerade ball, anyone could come in and kill him.
We're at a hotel getting ready for the party.
“Let's get this over with” Kat says walking out in a black dress with a slit.
“You look gorgeous”
“Careful there, both our dads would kill you for saying that” she says with a laugh
“I don't see them anywhere”
“Let's go!” she shouts making me chuckle

 “You look gorgeous” “Careful there, both our dads would kill you for saying that” she says with a laugh“I don't see them anywhere”“Let's go!” she shouts making me chuckle

At the party everyone looks so stuck up and happy. I see some of Dad's allies at the ball probably deciding whose side they're on.
“Traitors” Katya says rolling her eyes
“Like you wouldn't do the same thing”
“Believe it or not Lucia, my father is no traitor. He is loyal, we all are. We're just violent so people take it the wrong way. That's why we do business with people we know. It saves us the trouble of having to get people to like us”
“That and you don't want to be liked”
“True”

We spot Arlo walking to the stage. He grabs the microphone and starts his little shit speech.
“Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Arlo Hernandez and I'm the head of the Mexican mafia. I did the one thing you all couldn't, I sent the two largest and most powerful families away. All by myself” He's interrupted by one of the guests who says “I don't see you in Russia or Italy. Oh right, this is all just an early celebration for shit. You really think Kirill and Fabio will let you have their family's legacies.”

Arlo looks furious at this point and calls security to get the man out of the hall.
He straightens his posture and continues to say “I am not in Italy or Russia because I still need all of you. I need you on my side so that I can free you from their control and oppression. ”

This seems to catch people's attention so I sneak to the back, grab a champagne off a tray, pour it on the carpet and use my firelighter to set it on fire.
This causes the fire alarm to go off and suddenly the lights turn off. Everyone is running out of the building and I see Katya coming from the back where the main switch is. Meaning she was the one who turned the lights off.

The next day, we go back to Long Island and once we're home we see that our mothers got the weapons. The twins are loading the guns with bullets.
“And? ” Fabian asks standing next to me
“We got to the party, almost all our allies were there. We stopped it before Arlo could say anymore trash about us”
“So where's he going now?”
“He's staying, after last night, He still has to convince people to turn against us. I'm sure he'll start soon.”
“Then I guess you three got to start before him.” Father says to Fabian and Katya and I.
“Yeah we can start but no stealing clients” Katya says looking at all of us sternly before walking away.