Chapter 26

Lucas's pov

After spending the day with Fabio, I only gathered some things on both him and his Mafia

1)He's very invested in his company and business in general.
2)He talks to his older brother, Giovanni. I heard everything Fabio said over phone, we used to work at a diner and the owner used to play the same old drama show and it was in Italian so I understood what he was saying. The only problem is that I didn't hear what Giovanni was saying, it could've been important.
3)He got an update on something.

Fabian and Lucian came and started discussing business with Fabio and later came in the Dante and Damon.
After moments of sitting in silence, Fabio decides to ask “Do you remember anything that happened after you two were taken? ”
“Why do you ask? ”
“Answer the question first”
“It depends on your answer to my question ” I say in an obvious tone.
“Okay, I'll tell him. We think that we might know who kidnapped you two but we need you to tell us whatchu remember” Damon says. I tell him to hold on and send a quick message to Lia saying if I should tell them sparing out all the other details. She agrees so I start talking
“We don't know where we were”
“What do you mean you don't know? Dante asks
“I'm sorry I was too busy locked up in a cell for 6 years to be looking for a landmark”
“My bad”
“Right” I say rolling my eyes
“All we knew is that we were close to the harbour, so all we needed to do was take a ship to where ever and never look back. They did speak Spanish, some Portuguese ”
“We? ”
“Laureline and some other guy”
“What was his name?”
“Killian. ”
“Does he have a last name”
“We were too young. We couldn't remember where we were from nor could we remember our last names. Anything else ”
“Did you see your kidnapper? ” I stare into nothing remembering that man's face and all his vile words
“Every fucking day” I say coldly. Feeling myself slipping from my humanity, I take a deep breath and say “And that's it for today, anything else can be asked never. I wanna go back to the mansion. I don't get paid for this ”
“You think this is some kind of joke? ” Fabio asks. I look him straight in the eye and I start to walk to the door of his office before things can escalate. When I get there I remembered something very important.

“Where's Richard? ”
They all seem to lose the serious faces for a second but they put them back up.
“Well? ”
“We got it covered” Damon says
“Yes, I know that but what did you do? ”
“We're planning on building a case against him. He'll be put away for A very long time”
They're lying, they probably killed him or they just let him go cause they don't care. If they did let him go, I will find him and take care of the matter myself.
“I don't believe you but I mean it's only fair. You keep your information and I keep mine. See ya” I say opening the door
“Lucas, where are you going? ” Fabio asks looking exhausted
“Somewhere that's not here” I say in a deadpan voice
“Fine but stay inside the building” I sigh and roll my eyes and walk around the building.

I start walking around looking for anything that can tell me which Mafia they're in and who Arlo is. I walk into Lucian's office and find nothing strange, just normal business deals on his computer and lots of paper work. I go to Fabian's office I see that everything is like Lucian's but as I hack his computer, I scan the computer and see a hidden file and start cracking the codes and some signatures. When I finally crack that almost unbreakable seal, I find out that they're the Italian Mafia. I also find information on the Mexican Mafia and judging by this Arlo guy's name being all over I notice that he's the brother of the man who had kidnapped Killian, Laureline and I. His name was Carlos. No body knows if he's still alive or not but I'm guessing that he's dead or his brother just took over for him. I decide that I have enough info and put everything back how I found it before they catch me and I continue walking around the building.

We get home at around 6PM and I walk up to Lia's room.
“Hey” she says looking up from her phone
“Did you find anything? ” I ask
“Nothing, just that Fabio has an older brother and two younger brothers. How Fabio and Daniella met, those things”
We start talking about all the events from today and spend the whole night deciding what our next move is. Gosh I wish this drama was over already.