Chapter 31

Laureline's pov

It's been a few months since we were reunited with our family and already everything feels so different

It's been a few months since we were reunited with our family and already everything feels so different. I'm not as scared as I was, not as haunted and I know that if anything was to happen I wouldn't just have Luca and Kill.

Arlo seems ready to kill us because we know something he doesn't. I just want Luca and Kill to be safe if anything was to happen to me.

"What's got you in your head so much?" Killian says walking over to me by the balcony.
I sigh. "Everything. I... I'm worried for everyone. I don't know what's gonna happen and it's scaring me to know that we have someone ready to kill us for something we didn't ask to be involved in" at this point I'm shaking and on the brink of crying. He takes my hands in his and just looks at me.
"You know we've got you, right? This time it's not just Lucas and I, it's your whole family. They wouldn't let anything happen to you. Ever since I got back with my family, as much of a busy person my father is. He always puts family first and I'm starting to realize that it's the mafia's moral code."
"You really think we can make it? " I say needing him to tell me something I can believe.
Rubbing his thumb over my hand he says "We will make it and if one of us doesn't. It's because we love and we chose to sacrifice ourselves for the other and that sacrifice should be acknowledged" Hearing him say this is like deja vu all over again. Every time he was planning on doing something dangerous he would say something like this and every time we almost lost him.
"Don't say that. You can't keep throwing yourself into the fire. I need you here. Luca needs you. Your family. " he doesn't say anything but hug me and I don't know why his hugs are so different from everyone elses. They calm me down and all I ever think about is the moment I'm sharing with him.
"Promise me. Promise me that you won't do anything stupid. We all just got you back. We can't lose you "
"I promise Laur " he says giving me a kiss on the top of my head.
After a few minutes of embracing each other we pull apart I look up at him and realize
"You've gotten so tall"
"And you still look adorable" before he leaves he gives me a kiss on the cheek and I feel my heart beating out of my chest. Like it always does when he's with me.

I walk after him and we get to the home office as we enter everyone is looking at us as though they've been waiting.
"Took you long enough" Luca says in his usual cold voice
"Shut up jackass" Kill says rolling his eyes
"So what's the plan? Cause I know it's not to hide until we're all dead" I say feeling irritated at how long they're taking to tell me the plan.

"Same as all our old operations just with a few tweaks"
"We're gonna need transport to get to the Island. So we're gonna use one of the submarines we have to get there. All the other twins are going to check if it hasn't been tampered with.
Damon and Dante are gonna scope the place out find out if anything or anyone has been there.
Carter and Lorenzo are going to see if there are any bugs in the submarine and if it's functioning properly. " Fabian explains
"Arlo is going around bragging that he's got us in hiding. He's throwing a party, Katya and Lucian will attend to find out what he knows. Emilio and Karina will be our snipers. They already set up and are waiting for the boys to finish up with the submarine so they can head to the party tonight" Kirill continues
"Daniella and Koroleva have went to get more weapons since we don't have many in the house."
"Where are they gonna find them?" I ask curious
"They said they both know a guy who owes them a favor"
"We'll attack in the coming days, next week the latest"
"What about us? What are we doing?"
"That's where it gets tricky" Fabio says sighing and getting us to look at him intently.
"If you go to the island together, he'll come for all of you at once. You need to be separated. Since you're the one who's good with vaults and safes, you'll go to the island with Carter, Lorenzo, Karina and I. We don't know if Carlos could've changed the vault's code"
"Now hold on a second you think we're gonna let her go alone? " The boys say
"You two will stay here so we can take care of Arlo and since you both believe Carlos is still alive we'll find out, only when we're done with Arlo!" Kirill shouts with a scary face.
I can see Killian and Lucas getting ready to protest so I say
"It's fine guys I'll go. I'll be fine plus Fabio and the others will be there I'm not going alone" I say trying to convince myself that working with people who aren't Lucas and Killian will be like every other job.

"Can I continue with the plan now?" Fabian says irritated, we all nod and he continues.
He's going to be making sure that we don't lose allies and Lucian and Katya will join him. Our mothers and the eldest twins will attack the Mexicans that took over our warehouses.

We walk out and all I'm thinking is how I'm in charge of destroying Pandora's box... Well it's technically a book but you get the gist.