Chapter 13

Lucian's pov

After father left to go to the school, Fabian and I stayed to do other things

I handle all legal businesses that we have while Fabian takes care of the illegal side. It doesn't mean that I don't get my hands dirty, I only do that when a threat comes for my family.
We got home and heard what happened today at school. To say I was irritated is an understatement, I'm glad father got that soccer boy fired he's exactly like his brother. Tyler's brother and I were friends until I found out that he's a pervert.
There was laughter coming from the kitchen which made me wonder who was so happy while I was so tired. I see Fabian and Dante staring at Laureline and father making our dinner and father making lame dad jokes which Laureline seemed to love.
Then I saw it, father's smile. He seemed so happy in that moment, his game face was off and it was just Fabio, my dad.

After deciding we were being creepy, we walk to the living room and found papers scattered everywhere, apparently Lucas was into arts and was helping mom with her new collection. Mom goes to grab her sharpener so I go over to a very focused Lucas. “These are good designs”
“Thanks” he says not bothering to look up at me
“I heard what happened today and I just wanted to let you know that if something like that happens again. You can just call me, I won't tell dad any of it and it saves you a lot of trouble. Ask anyone in this house, I'll be there whenever and wherever you need me” he gives me a nod of appreciation and says “Thanks and I'm pretty sure that I'll take you up on that offer sooner than you think” I laugh knowing it's probably true. Mom comes back and they get back to scribbling.

Lucas's pov

When Daniella asked me to help her with her designs I was gonna say no but Lia nudged me so I agreed

Daniella is very talented, honest and calm. She's from Spain and is an orphan. That's one of the reasons she has so many kids, she didn't want to be alone with some of us being unplanned. She listens to what I had to say and told me how hard it was for her to get rid of her painter's block which is similar to writer's block after we were taken but after a few months she was able to start over. Not only was it hard for her but her marriage and she also told me how she didn't know if she was doing anything right for her kids. She asked me what I liked drawing the most, gave me tips on how to keep my cool and even offered to help me get my driver's license. She listened to everything I had to say even my sarcastic comments. She gave me something I only thought I'd get from Laureline, she heard me. We had a nice and calm time and we came up with beautiful designs.

It's time for dinner and I see Laureline and Fabio coming out of the kitchen. We sat down and had the dinner they prepared, it was delicious but I wasn't gonna admit that to Fabio. I eat half the food and drink some water.
“How is it? ” Lia asks “It's good, how was your time with your dad? ” I say looking for a reaction to the word dad
“It was great he's not as scary as I thought and he said he didn't mean to hurt you. You know how people get irritated by your poor choice of words” I smirk knowing it's true but still not trusting Fabio.

I'm in my room and change into my new pajamas and there's a knock on the door. I open to find Lia looking a little scared. “What's wrong? ”
“I didn't wanna sleep in that big room by myself” she explains
I know exactly what she means. Lia has bad nightmares about everything that happened in the past and since we've moved here they stopped. I guess the events from today triggered something in her. I just hope that she can get back to having peaceful sleep.