Chapter 30

Lucas's pov

After revealing everything to our families I was honestly exhausted

After revealing everything to our families I was honestly exhausted. I went upstairs and threw myself on the bed. We were gonna destroy that God awful book.

I'm glad he's back, my best friend and I'm pretty sure Laureline is too.
The door is opened and I see Killian holding a bottle of vodka.
We sit in silence just enjoying a less chaotic day. We don't talk much but when we're together you wouldn't even think that. I see that Laureline isn't coming and before I even ask him he says,
“In the kitchen with my sisters” He knows how protective I am of her and he is too.
“Speaking of Lia, where's that guy who took her... You know”
“Fabio said he'd take care of it. I wanna be there and so does she. Richard should suffer a long painful death”
“You know he will. We'll make sure of that” he says taking a swig of the vodka

“Carlos, is he really dead? ” I ask getting the feeling that he's still alive and that Arlo just took over.
“I've been looking into it. You think he's alive too”
“You don't think it's odd that his brother is his successor and that he's looking for us? He knows where it is, I guess he can't open the volt. He needs us to get it”
“Exactly, that's why we should burn it and end him. So we can start living fucking normal or at least semi-normal lives”
As we're sitting there talking about random things and drinking, Lia walks in saying “Hey guys, Koroleva said she's making lunch. Come down stairs in a few minutes okay. ”
We nod and she sits down on the bean bag and we continue the conversation we never got to finish. She goes downstairs to check on Killian's mom.

“You still like my sister? ”
“What?” Killian says like it was the last thing on his mind
“It's just a question buddy” I chuckle
“Luke don't start. I'm not even there. You'll get us in trouble. I don't need my father breathing down my neck saying how I fell in love with the enemy”
“Oh right, I forgot our families don't get along”
“I'm surprised they haven't shot each other yet”
“It's the wives. They couldn't care less about their feud. But seriously, if you two are gonna start loving each other I'd like to be the first to know.”
“Yeah right” I give him a look and he says “You would sabotage it” as a joke.
I wouldn't, they both look so different when they're together. He cares for her and is always there to understand her when I can't and vice versa. They both like each other but I think they don't know how to deal with it.
“I'm just deciding whose best man I'll be” we laugh and go down stairs for lunch

As we're seated the air between our two families is thick. Koroleva, Killian's mom gives Lia, Killian and I the same small portion of food while everyone else gets larger portions.It was odd. But for the first time I ate a full plate of food. She made those portions just for us and I was very appreciative of it. I look at her from across the table and she gives me a small smile.
“The food was very delicious Eva” Daniella says
“That's cause I attended those cooking lessons” she says laughing
“I went! A couple of times. It was too hot in those kitchens”
“Hold on a second, what cooking lessons? ” Damon asks
“18 years ago, assassin's would come together and do a job together. One time we got a job in a kitchen so we had to learn to cook. Let's just say it didn't go well. ”
“The fucking Instructor said we couldn't cook, so we showed him what it is to cook. When we burnt him and his stupid kitchen down. We can always teach you how to burn a building to the ground” Koroleva continues. Lia and I end up chuckling.
“what's so funny?” Daniella asks
“We didn't know anger was genetic” This earns us a glare from Kill and he says
“Very funny. Lukey pookey ”
Lia laughs hard at that nickname know I hate it.
“Dude whose child are you?”
“What I thought we were pissing each other off, Lukey” Kill says with a smirk
I open my mouth to curse him but Lia interrupts me “Keep quiet. This is a dining room not a war room, okay.”
She was sitting in between me and Killian so we both move her hair into her face like we always did when she was acting bossy. She huffs and gets back to drinking her water.

We're all still in the dining room having different conversations. Killian has been looking through Lia's phone and asks “Who's Mandy?”
I give him a look and he gets it.
“What did she do to you guys? ”
“Tried creating a wedge between these two. Didn't end well for her” Carter says
“Typical Luke. Always scaring the bad people away” Killian says
“Why didn't he chase you away?” Enzo asks looking at me
“Because Killian is my best friend plus he knows I'd kill him before he got the chance to do anything” I answer with my usual cold expression
“You wish you could kill me” he says laughing a little
I roll my eyes and I start scrolling through my phone.
“Killian get off your lazy ass and help me with the dishes” Katya shouts at her younger brother
“You too, baby boy” she says looking straight at me. Why is his family so mean.