Chapter 19

Laureline's pov

I spent the rest of the night telling my parents and siblings about mine and Luca's past

I spent the rest of the night telling my parents and siblings about mine and Luca's past. It was hard but Luca wasn't here to help me out. I felt my heavy heart getting lighter and I knew that's what Luca needed too. They listened without interrupting, judging or laughing. They really do love us and it's a different feeling, it's different from pain, hurt, fear and defeat.
All I can think about is Luca, where he is, if he's gonna come back, if he'll forgive me because without him this new family we have won't be complete. We always say that we should stay together 'two by two' as we say. But the Russos are making a special place in there and opening our circle. I haven't stopped crying since we left the school. "I wish Luca was here" I say in a whisper "We'll find him" Fabio says.

Lucas's pov

It's been two days since the videos came out

It's been two days since the videos came out. I haven't been home since then, I know Laureline must be worried but I needed some time to myself. To think and to release all this hurt I'm feeling, I've been drinking and smoking and doing some underground boxing, I know it's illegal but I couldn't care less . I knew they'd probably look for me so I've been staying at a dingy room in the Bronx. I had a little money in my bag should anything happen.

I've had some time to think so I'm ready to go back. I knew they'd look for me so I made sure to switch off my phone and stay hidden so that I don't have to go back there. I go to a great bakery and buy a large pie for everyone but mostly for Lia since she loves pies, I also buy a box of cigarettes and a small vodka bottle. I call a taxi and it takes me home. As I get closer I feel like I'm either going to get grounded or beaten up for leaving.

I open the front door and everyone is just staring at me. I feel a little weird so with a serious face I say "I bought pie"
Laureline rushes to me crying hysterically, "Oh Luca, I'm so sorry for w-what I did. Please forgive me, you don't even have to t-talk to me anymore, please. "
"Would I bring you pie if I was angry?" I shout. She shakes her head and takes the pie.
She tries to hug me but I back away saying "eww, I don't want your dog snot all over me" she laughs and this time I do hug her.

"Are you two done? My office now!" Fabio says. Great.
When we're in the office it's me, Fabio, Daniella, Fabian, Lucian, Dante and Damon.
"Who died? "I say in a sarcastic yet serious manner.
"Where were you? "
"Not here" I say in a calm voice
"Don't act smart. Just answer the question."
"I'm back aren't I, so it shouldn't matter" he sighs and says "Laureline told us everything that happened before you two moved back" Great, just great now they know all our dirty laundry. "Ohh kay, what am I supposed to do with that? "
"You're so selfish, you know that" "Fabio! " Daniella yells telling him to stop talking "What? He is selfish, he left his sister when she needed him and all he can say is that he brought pie. Who does that? No child of mine disobeys the rules that I set so as long as you live under MY roof. You will listen or get out and never come back"
I am beyond pissed at this point "SELFISH!? , I'm selfish who do you think you are, I was always there when he wasn't, I protected her, I made sure she had a home, I made sure that she doesn't give up on life because if she did she wouldn't be here. I took all the punches for all her silly mistakes, I had to pay the ultimate price because she's my twin sister, I lost my peace of mind and my sanity just for her. She told you everything but what about me when will someone ever ask me what I had gone through while she was sleeping on that mattress, it wasn't enough but it's better than sleeping on the cold hard floor right? Did anyone ever wonder what I did for her to get some sleep, food, clothing? No but I'm the selfish one right. So until you have to put yourself in my shoes I don't expect you to call me anything and stop talking to me like I begged you to stay here. I can't even stand you, I'm only because I'm not dumb, sleeping on the streets doesn't do much good. Ask me 'cause I know!!"
By the time I'm done ranting everyone is looking at me as if someone died. Laureline and the others are also in the room probably because I was shouting.
"FUCK!!" I yell before leaving the room frustrated but feeling refreshed from confessing all things that I have been carrying for more than a decade.