Chapter 28

Fabio's pov

I've been doing hours of paperwork I'm then interrupted by the ringing of the telephone

“Sir, there's an intruder” I look through the surveillance cameras and notice that it's Kirill Petrov. He's not attacking, odd, usually when people point guns at him he kills them.
“Let him in” My sons rush to my office I'm sure they were called as well. He enters the office and with a smirk he says “Russo's I'm glad most of you are here. We need to talk”
“Wait what? You want us to talk? About what? ” Dante asks
“Your father knows, I'm guessing he didn't tell you yet”

He's interrupted but my phone ringing
“Fabio wait, let me do something quickly before you pick up” he says sending a message to someone.

I pick up and hear someone on the other end “Don Fabio, I bet you're wondering who this is. I'll keep the intro short, I'm Arlo. You have what I need. The twins, I want them, they have something I need”
“You have the balls to demand me to give you my kids.”
“Well, I guess that's a no. Sigh. Too bad, I really didn't want to do this” he hangs up before I can respond.

“What's happening ” I say looking up at Kirill.
“It's an ambush, Killian's got the twins, I have people getting your children and wife. We need to move now before they decide to blow this place up”
I send everyone a message to say that we should meet at the rendezvous.

3rd person's pov

It's been 2 days since the twins found out that the Russo's are in the mafia. After they left the twins started looking for all the hidden weapons in the house, and found them making sure to remember where they were. Lucas and Laureline are now at home while everyone is at work or at school. Laureline has been reading a book while Lucas draws until she see him staring at her intently.

She look at herself in the mirror across the room and notice a red dot on my chest. They get down and the shooting begins.

Laureline goes to Fabio's office and takes out a few weapons she saw in there while Lucas goes to his room to grab the silencer gun that he came with and also grabs a few more weapons on his way down. Laureline grabs a few pocket knifes and 2 extra guns.

They hear the front door being broken down and hide in opposite directions getting ready to shoot anyone who comes near them. Two men in black pass Laureline and she takes this time to sneak out of her hiding spot and twist the other's neck and slit the other's throat. She pulls them into the living area so that their partners don't see them. She moves upstairs and throws a marble from a vase on the floor. It gets the intruders attention cause them to run upstairs. She takes out an AN-94 rifle and start shooting at everyone moving up the stairs.

Lucas is taking care of the ones who remained downstairs with his silencer gun

He uses his boxing skills on the others and grabs one of their rifles shooting at them

He uses his boxing skills on the others and grabs one of their rifles shooting at them. If their parents could see them now they'd think they're just as ruthless as they are. The twins kill with no mercy but there are too many people against them.

Meanwhile Killian is setting up his sniper gun getting ready to shoot anyone in site. He notices that Laureline is surrounded and shoots the men behind her. Giving her time to grab a gun and shoot the one's in front of her. He moves to help Lucas and takes out the ones blocking the entrance to get inside the house.

Killian gets in his car and drives to the house and presses the hooter getting the twins attention, they get in the car and boy were they all shocked to see each other. That is until they heard gun shots and sped off.

“And what kind of trouble have you two gotten yourselves in? ” Killian asks sarcastically
“Haha very funny. You being here tells me that we're in the same predicament” Lucas says to his best friend.
“Can you two stop your comments. Killian where have you been? How did you know we were here? ” Laureline asks
“After I was taken away from you two I got to a foster home, let's just say it wasn't pleasant. So one day I ran and I started living on the streets until my father's right hand found me and I've been with my family since. ”
“So I'm guessing your family is also in the mafia”
“Yeah, the Bratva.”
“Do you like your family?”
“Yeah”
“Do you? ”
“Yeah”
“Luca? ”
“Don't look at me like that, I'm still on the fence”
“Typical Luca” Laureline and Killian say as they all burst out in laughter.

Killian's phone rings from the backseat where Laureline is. It's Kirill. Killian says she can pick it up and so she does.
“Hello? ”
“I'm guessing you're Laureline”
“Yeah, how'd you know?”
“I told Killian to fetch you two. At least now I can tell your parents you're both alive. We're at your family's rendezvous point and since you were locked up with my son I bet you know code”
“I do” Laureline replies
“Meet us at the place where we can hear the long cries of the seagulls” he hangs up and she says
“We're going to Long Island”