Chapter 25

Fabio's pov

Lucas and I are on our way to work and the air is just tense

Lucas and I are on our way to work and the air is just tense. I turn up the volume of some news radio station
The recent poll conducted by The WP reveals that ex President is currently leading the current president by an 8-point margin among voters.
He chuckles and I ask "Whats so funny"
"The ex president. People hated this guy for his loud mouth and when they get a new president who can't do anything without falling. They want him back"
"He has helped lower costs of families' everyday expenses.
More people are working than at any point in American history. It shouldn't matter how many times he falls... okay fine but who are we to tell the President to not fall"
"American citizens."
"I'm from Italy, I just came here for you kids"
"Lucky you Buddy, but it doesn't matter as long as you stay here things gotta be right. Free Healthcare. You know how many times I had to stitch myself backup all because your hospitals are too expensive. There are additional costs in the bill and you don't even know what they're for"
"True, anyway... Let's leave politics there's no point arguing when it'll all be the same" I say.
We start talking about other things like the stock market, global warming and wars.

Lucas isn't that bad we both like to discuss global events and it shows me that he's smart. Smarter than what I gave him credit for. We arrive and I say "Welcome to Russo inc."

He stares up at the tall building and he says "here I was thinking it was some kind of dodgy looking thing" I chuckle remembering the state of our warehouses

I chuckle remembering the state of our warehouses.
"This is a legal business we make millions to billions every year never falling under €900 million " I explain to his as we walk in the building.
"Really..."
"If you ever decide you wanna work in the office. This will be the place unless if you start your own"

We go up to the elevator and explain to him each floor or two floors has people from different departments.
"Your 2 older brothers and I are on the top floor. Dante and Damon also have an office up there but they only come for urgent business"

We enter the office and my assistant Julia came in and said
"Good morning Mr Russo"
She's wearing a skirt just above the knees and a shirt which is missing a few bottons giving me a full view of her breasts, probably trying to do what everyone else tries to do, seduce me. That never ends well for these girls.

Before I can speak, Lucas replies
"Hey little miss, you missed a few buttons. What are trying to do, get Mr Russo here in trouble? "
"Excuse me, who do you think you are talking to me like that? "
"No one but I know his wife and I'll rat you out. Last time this happened Mrs Russo had the girl sleeping on the streets her name was Lilith. Evil little thing she was." seeing my assistant start to panic he continues to say
"Hey, I'm just kidding"
"Enough Lucas, do you want anything? "
"Hot chocolate and marshmallows, separately "
"You heard him, go"
"Yes sir"
"And don't come back inside without fixing your attire" I say in a serious tone
She runs out the door and I hear a light laugh.

Lucas is sipping on his hot chocolate, probably waiting for me to tell at him for slurping. Daring me even. I'm about to say something when my phone rings it Gio.

"Fratello (Brother) "

"Piccolo Fabi, come Stai?
(Little Fabi, how are you?) "

"Ti avevo detto di smettere di chiamarlo cos (I told you to stop calling that)"

"Sei il mio fratellino, sono obbligato a prenderti in giro
(You're my little brother, I'm bound to make fun of you) "

"Di cosa hai bisogno Giovanni?
(What do you need Giovanni?) "

"Sono qui per darti un aggiornamento. Arlo è il fratello di Carlos. Si è fatto avanti dopo la morte di suo fratello. Non so perché vuole i gemelli, ma neanche i russi ne sono contenti. Sembra che il loro figlio fosse anche lui rapito anni fa insieme ai gemelli, ma sta con la sua famiglia da quando aveva 12 anni. Ha del potenziale, questo è quello che dicono tutti, comunque dicono che abbia acquisito le sue capacità dal tempo trascorso con Carlos. possono fare i gemelli?
(I'm here to give you an update Arlo is Carlos's brother. He stepped up after his brother died. I don't know why he wants the twins but the Russians aren't happy about it either. Seems like their son was also kidnapped years ago along with the twins but he's been with his family since he was 12. He has potential, that's what everyone is saying anyway they say he got his skills from his time with Carlos. Doesn't that make you wonder what the twins can do?) "

"Grazie per l'aggiornamento, forse possiamo scoprire cosa i gemelli sanno e noi non sappiamo. E no, non voglio doverci pensare.
(Thanks for the update, maybe we can find out what it is that the twins know that we don't. And no, I don't want to have to think about it.)"

"Se lo dici tu. Chiamami quando ricevi qualcosa
(If you say so. Call me when you get something) "

"Lo farò, invio i miei saluti a tutti
(I will, send my greetings to everyone.)"

"Tuttavia la mamma non è contenta che tu mantenga il segreto sui gemelli. Quando tutto si risolve, organizza una riunione per la Familia.
(Mother isn't happy about you keeping the twins a secret though. When this clears make a get together for the family.) "

"Mi farò perdonare. Non ho bisogno che mi tratti come un bambino di fronte ai miei figli.
(I'll make it up to her. I don't need her treating me like a child in front of my children) "

"Fa sempre così Fabi. Comunque ho gente da massacrare.
(She always does that Fabi. Anyway I have people to slaughter.) Bye, little brother "

"Who were you talking to?" Lucas asks me
"My older brother." I respond getting back to work
"I forgot that you have siblings"
Hmm
I spend the rest of the day with him talking business and explaining the ins and outs of Russo inc. It was a interesting day.