Chapter 34

3rd person's pov

Kirill, Laureline, Lorenzo, Carter and Karina are all in the submarine.
Laureline is prepping all her tools just in case the volt does not open for her.

“You ready? ” Karina asks
“As ready as I'll ever be”
“You'll do great, we've got your back, plus from what my brother told me you're really good.”
“Thanks, I just hope there are no surprises waiting for us when we get there”
“You worry a lot” Karina says with a light laugh
“That's me, worrying about everything everyone else isn't taking into consideration”
“Well if it makes you feel better. I'm also worried. I'm worried for my mom, my dad, and all my siblings. Especially Killian, he's always doing crazy things”
“I know, he's always like that. Throwing himself in fire and getting burnt but still doing it all for you”
“He's been doing it for years, hasn't he? ”
“Every single time but he's with Luca so I don't have to worry much. They'll be fine”
“Yeah they will”

12 hours later and they were at the island.
“We're here” Carter says

“It's beautiful”“Yeah but how are we gonna get through the guards? ” Lorenzo asks“We're gonna have to sneak in on foot

“It's beautiful”
“Yeah but how are we gonna get through the guards? ” Lorenzo asks
“We're gonna have to sneak in on foot. Lorenzo and Carter you stay inside, keep an eye on any strange activities from here. While Karina, Laureline and I go in. Be prepared for when we come back” Kirill commands.

“It's in one of the caves down here” Laureline says walking cautiously. They enter the caves and notice that there is no longer any fingerprint scanner by the volt.
“Can you crack it? ”
“Yes but it needs time” They both nod and she gets to work.

The wiring of the keypad was out as the Laureline stood by the keypad ready to crack the code, her fingers dancing across her keyboard. Her eyes were focused on the monitor in front of her, which displayed a dizzying array of numbers and symbols. She was trying to crack the code of a new encryption algorithm, and she was determined to succeed for her new life, with her brother and their family.  She had spent 30 minutes working on the problem, and she was starting to feel the strain. But she refused to give up. 15 minutes later, she hits the right sequence of numbers and symbols, and the code was broken. The volt opens slowly but by the time it does, a gun is fired at the large steel doors.
“Uhh, you guys have got company!” Lorenzo says through his ear piece from inside the submarine.
“We got that” Kirill says in an we know tone.

Kirill covers Laureline from gunfire and they are soon inside the volt

Kirill covers Laureline from gunfire and they are soon inside the volt. Kirill yells for Laureline to check if it's the correct book and to destroy it. He goes outside to help his daughter take on the hurricane of guards storming into the cave. The father and daughter work well together as they manage to keep the guards away from Laureline who's still in the volt.

Laureline looks at the large book and notices it's the correct book. She starts pouring it with gasoline and attaches a bomb on the book. If the bomb goes off it will destroy the book and half of the island along with it.
She sets the timer to 10 minutes and goes out of the cave to help keep the guards away while Enzo finds them a way out of the cave.
“We found an exit for you guys, it's on your left” Lorenzo says
“Left? There's nothing on our left! ” Karina yells
“There is. Just trust me”
As more guards come in Kirill keeps taking the larger guards and throws them all into the left wall. Several throws later he notices that the wall is weak enough so he takes a rifle and fires at it. Indeed there was a secret exit, they rush out into the secret cave while shots are being fired into the cave and they're now outside on a cliff. They look at each other and they all dive into the ice cold water. They are helped into the submarine by the twins shivering. They would probably catch a cold after this or worse hyperthermia.

“Did you do it? Did you destroy the book? ” Carter asks to his little sister before she can answer a loud BOOM interrupts them and they see half the island destroyed with many of the guards diving in the water to protect themselves.

“We did it!” Laureline shouts and they all laugh at how childish she sounded as though she didn't just kill a bunch of people.
“I hope everyone else is okay” she says as they head back home.
“We'll know when we get there” Kirill says exhausted.