Chapter 29

Emilio's pov

“What type of life is this!” Carter yells frustrated that we were almost killed by God knows who

What type of life is this!” Carter yells frustrated that we were almost killed by God knows who. We were going to take the bodies to the warehouse when some people said they'd take care of it and that they were sent by Dad.
“Dad says we should meet at the rendezvous point” Enzo says to his fuming twin.
“You can let Dad know your concerns when we get there” I say and we get in the car and drive to Long Island.

We get to Long Island and when we open the door to the house. I hear my father talking to someone who seems to be unbothered by Dad's rant. Odd. No one does that and gets away with it.

“You guys okay? ” Mom says running to give us all hugs
“Yeah we're fine? Where's everyone else?”
“Your older brothers are making sure there's no crack in our security so we can get back to life. ”
“And those two? ”
“Oh that's Kirill, he's the Pakhan of the Bratva. His men were the ones who took the bodies for you guys. They're... discussing. ”

We start listening in
“Sending your son was a mistake, I shouldn't have trusted a Russian. Your blood thirsty son isn't hinged and all I'm saying is that I don't trust him, he could corrupt my kids. ”
“I spoke to your daughter on my son's phone. She seemed calm answering a Russian's phone call and you're one to talk I found him like that. He was with Laureline and Lucas for 6 years, you're telling me that you don't think that your twins could do the same thing, kill, steal, lie? I even told Laureline to meet us in Long Island IN CODE and her response was got it. I didn't come here to fight, we can get more out of these kids if they're together and I just got him back, do you think I'm just going to let him get hurt?”  My father looks furious at Kirill.

He gets a notification on his phone and says “They're here, all you have to do now is get them to the house”
“Carter, get them here”
Carter is given the location and leaves.

3rd person's pov

The three teenagers spent the whole car ride to Long Island talking about life after they were separated. Everything, all the abuse, the rape, school, all of it. They had missed so much of their lives.

They see Carter zoom past them and follow him to the house.
They get out of the car and into the house and their clothes are covered in blood.
“Hey... ”
“Daniella I'm fine I promise. ” Laureline says to her worried mother
“What took you so long? ” The two heads of the family say in unison
“Traffic” Lucas and Killian say at the same time as well.
Their fathers sigh and they know they've got a lot to explain.
Both the Petrovs and the Russos are now seated at the table waiting for an explanation.

“This is when you start talking ” Koroleva says.
And they start
“Everyone here knows that we were kidnapped by Carlos. He was a vile and sadistic man. He said he wanted us to be his children, his little soldiers.” Laureline says before she can continue she's interrupted by Killian
“That crazy fuck would train us to the bone to do his dirty work. We were killing people by the time we were 6. He said it was to mould us into the best versions of ourselves. We were given a slice of bread and less than a cup of stupidass water a week and if we were lucky 2 days a week”
“We were taught to steal, to hack and to kill for him and we'd pretend to be his little soldiers to avoid trouble. This made him spill his guts about his whole operation, his secrets, and his riches. He had the secrets of every mafia and he engraved everything he ever told in us. Both verbally and literally ” Luca continues

“What do you mean all the secrets of every mafia ”
“He had a memoir of every mafia, their operations, businesses, money, family trees all of it. He obviously wasn't sane to tell us about them”
“He keeps it in a volt on a far away island. After we escaped, something happened and he got shot in the head causing him to lose his memory. Since he's not fit to run the Mexican mafia, Arlo took over and heard that his brother had been telling the three of us everything that could bring down all Mafia groups”
“So he wants to know what you know. Why doesn't he just go to the volt?” Damon asks
“Because Carlos lost his memory, apart from him we're the only ones who know where it is and we're the only ones who can open it” Lucas says
“Why and how? ” Enzo asks
“Our finger prints. I'm sure Arlo doesn't know about the volt but I know that no matter what state Carlos is in he'd never let anyone just go into the volt and take his prized possession”

“Killian. When were you going to tell me or your mother or your sisters”
“Would you believe me if I said code of silence. Pops it doesn't matter cause if you got a whiff of it everyone else would've so we have decided to destroy it”
“What!?” The two mafia bosses shout
“Are you sick? You must be sick. You've been with these kids for a few hours and now you want to be a good Samaritan” Kirill says furiously at his son
“All of you, look this could help us vanquish all those who stand against us. The best you can do is to tell us where it is. It'll protect us all” Fabio adds in a irritated voice
“I'm sorry Mr. Russo but this isn't some family decision. This is something the three of us have to handle on our own” Killian says calmly
“As for protection, we have it all in our heads. If a threat arises we'll be a step ahead” Lucas continues
“They're right. Destroying this burn book or whatever it is, keeps us all from danger. If someone finds out we have it, we'll be targets to anyone who wants that book” Fabian says in agreement.
“All we need to do is destroy it, take care of Arlo and we'll be good to go. Living without anymore secrets I hope” Katya says giving her little brother a glare.
“Plus we both don't trust each other so who was gonna have the memoir anyway” Enzo says while eating his popcorn.

They all look at him and Daniella slaps the back of his head. They all sigh knowing it's true. Let's hope they don't betray each other before their task is complete