Chapter 23

Lucas's pov

It's been 3 weeks since Laureline and I told the Russo's about our past and it's been great

It's been 3 weeks since Laureline and I told the Russo's about our past and it's been great. I have developed a better relationship with Daniella and the rest of my siblings but the one I have with Fabio isn't as smooth, we don't dwell on it and I'm honestly glad that we don't. I can't get along with everyone, right?
Fabio suggested that Laureline and I do homeschooling while the twins and Emilio went to school on a regular basis. I thought it was weird but I kept my mouth shut just to keep the peace. Today I got bored of staying inside so I grab Daniella's Mercedes AMG keys and tell Laureline to take her jacket so we can go for a drive because we are home every second of the day.

Daniella said I could take her cars out as long as I don't scratch them

Daniella said I could take her cars out as long as I don't scratch them. Everyone is gone, it was just me and Lia in the house. Daniella left with Fabio, the rest took their own cars and Carter took his motorcycle.

“Where are we going? ” Lia says excitedly
“You want pecan and apple pie with ice cream? ” knowing it's her favorite dessert
“Is that even a question? ” she responds and I laugh.

We're in a little diner eating our pie when these three scary looking guys walk in they sit at the table a little further away from us but the looks they're giving don't make us feel easy.
“Let's just go Luca, we don't need to start anything” Lia says pulling me from my thoughts.
We walk out and notice that they're following us I motion for Laureline to take the left and I'll take the right. I give the first guy an upper cut and a kick to his leg. When he gets on his knees on the ground I step on the back of his neck and he groans with his face on the floor. I grab the knife from the first guys pocket and stab the second guy in the ribs twisting it and slamming him into someone's car until he collapses on the ground . I hope it's theirs. While I was busy with the two guys, Lia is taking on the other one, she ducks his attacks and uses his weight against him. She uses chi blockings and the guy lands on the ground
“Who sent you?” I ask pointing the knife in his face and give him a very deadly look
“AHH.. A..Arlo. Please. ” he says with heavy breaths as Lia push the knife into his thigh 
“Who's Arlo and why is he after us?” Lia asks
“He said he wants to kidnap Fabio's twins. He wants his mafia to be at the top and wants to use you two as leverage. You're on the most wanted list and he wants you first” he explains. We leave him there knowing that chi blockings are only temporary so we get into the car and drive off.

“We can't tell them we know they're the mafia” I say to Laureline
“Agreed, but what are we gonna do now?We have people gunning for us”Lia says
“We stay inside the house until it dies down. And you said we could trust them”
“Yes we can Luca, they're nice and not telling us that they're in the mafia doesn't change much. We also have secrets too, just like they do. We need to do some research on them find out which mafia they are and how deep we are in this shit. Sigh. Well I guess now we know why they're so dangerous looking, some of them ”  we both chuckle at what she has just said and we arrive home. We pretend as if nothing happened and spend the rest of the day planning how we're gonna get the info we need on them.
I know they were probably waiting for the right time to tell us but I'm still not convinced that they have good intentions for us.

The next day
We're ready to put our plan in motion. We're all eating breakfast when Laureline asks Daniella about her work and she says “I'd really love to come”
“That's a great idea! Plus it'll be a mother-daughter day” Daniella replies
“And Lucas can have a father-son day with Fabio” she laughs. Making both Fabio and I to give her a blank look.
“Don't look at her like that, it'll be good for you. I declare it. Russo you're spending the day with Luca” Daniella says leaving no room for arguing
“Right Luca?”
“Yay” I say in a bored tone.
“Formal or semi formal dress code. You can't always be dressed like a bohemian ” Fabian says to me while sipping his coffee.
I sigh and go up stairs to change.

We both get dressed and out the door we go

We both get dressed and out the door we go. It's gonna be so fun. Note the sarcasm.