Chapter 12

Laureline's pov

I'm so conflicted, just a few minutes ago Fabio was strangling Luca and now he's defending him

I'm so conflicted, just a few minutes ago Fabio was strangling Luca and now he's defending him. I was scared that he was gonna kill Luca, his temper could be worse than David's. Because of this I don't want to be anywhere near him. Yes, he is exactly like Luca but there seems to be more to his story and I've know Luca my whole and him I've only known for 3 weeks. We take bags and head home. Apart from the incident that happened today, school wasn't so bad. Some lessons were boring but I spoke to someone in class who is as interested in history as me and who doesn't think I'm weird. Luca also showed his talent in arts and I couldn't be happier that he got a place where his talent could be appreciated.

We enter the yard and Daniella is waiting at the door. Fabio takes her to his office probably to discuss what happened. While we change into normal clothes. The maid brings us all sandwiches and juice, I eat 1 slice and all the juice and so Luca only eats less than half of his bread. We still have bad eating habits but we're trying. The clothes we wear make us appear healthy.

Luca is in his thoughts thinking about everything that happened today and if I didn't know him well enough I would think that he's just quiet but inside his thoughts are having their way with him.
"Are you two alright? " Daniella says looking both angry and worried
"They're fine amor " Fabio says. She rolls her eyes and clicks her tongue at him causing Fabio to sigh, knowing that Daniella won't speak to him. "Are you going to strangle me too? " she says in a daring tone after running a hand over his face Fabio walks to the cellar and comes back with a bottle of whiskey.

Everyone comes back from work looking tired and hungry. "Antoinette is here today so you're going to have to make your own dinner " Daniella says
"Great" I hear Damon and Dante say sarcastically
"Lucas I saw your sketch book this morning and I thought you could help me with a design I'm working on because I'm stuck. I wasn't looking through your things your bag was open and when I was going to close it I saw your drawings" she explains
I nudge him a little and he agrees.
While they're busy with the designs, I decide that I should cook for everyone. When I get to the kitchen I see Fabio wearing an apron I'm about to leave when he ask if I needed anything. "No, I just wanted to make dinner for everyone but I can you're already on that so I'll leave " I explain "I wasn't making dinner for everyone, I was making it for Daniella she's mad I strangled Lucas. She says it like I would've killed him, I'd never kill him or try to even scratch him" he rants. He stops when he realizes that he's not alone but with me,he sighs and says"I would never hurt any of you. I just have to understand you two better and frustrating that I don't. I'm not like Daniella I'm not good at making relationships work out but you're my children and there's nothing more I'd like to do than to make it work" .I can't tell if he's telling the truth but my gut feeling tells me I can trust him. He breaks the silence by asking me to help him prepare dinner for everyone this time.

We've been in the kitchen for 45 minutes or so and I've learnt that Fabio isn't a bad person, he's still scary but he's also a good cook, funny and a great father to his children. We've been laughing and cooking and it's the most time I've spent with him and I'm not scared. He told me about where in Italy he's from, he's from the Naples. His mother taught him how to cook while his dad taught him everything about the family business and family in general. His favorite color is black just like Luca's and he likes relaxing by the beach and eating cuisine from all over the world.
Fabio also taught me new cooking techniques and that pasta are all the same but the different textures and shapes give different feelings.
We made Pappardelle with Beef Ragu

"Dinner's ready" Fabio says and we all start digging in

It was the best pasta I ever had in my life.