Chapter 16

Laureline's pov

It's been a month since the boys lame attempt to get me to stop talking to Mandy and the girls

It's been a month since the boys lame attempt to get me to stop talking to Mandy and the girls. Mandy's really nice to me, she tells me everything about herself and I tell her all the things she has to know, she does my hair if it's a mess, she likes all the things I like and she's not attracted to Lucas. That's all I ever wanted in a friend. I appreciate her so much, she listens to me and doesn't try to hide me away from everything that she thinks is a threat, she let's loose unlike Luca. I still love and need Luca and he will always be my best friend but she's so different and I love her for that.
"Kevin is throwing a party on Saturday. Let's go!! " Mandy
"I... don't know. Parties aren't my sort of thing"
"Oh come on Lia, don't be a bum it'll be fun plus I'll be there " "Okay, but I'll have to ask my parents first and can Luca come then? "
"Ugh fine your brother can come but you're gonna have to do stuff on your own sooner or later "I smile and nod knowing that it's kinda true

These days Luca doesn't eat lunch with me, I think it's because he doesn't like Mandy. I don't know where he is or if he eats enough during lunch. It worries me.
"We should get matching outfits for the party. "Mandy says excitedly. I like Mandy but not here fashion taste but I don't know how to tell her without hurting her feelings so I say "Let's do it"
We went to buy matching dresses during our free period. Mandy chose since she said I have bad fashion sense. All I had to do now is ask Daniella and Fabio.
After school I see Luca waiting by the car, Daniella was serious about Luca getting a license and she got it for him. On the drive home, I'm nervous on how to ask Luca if he'll come to the party with Mandy and I.
"What's wrong your fiddling" Luca says in an irritated tone "So. Mandy. Asked. If. I. Could. Go. To." before I can continue my excruciatingly slow explanation Luca says "Kevin's party?" "Yeah how did you know? " "Everybody's talking about it" "Oh. You wanna come?" "No,you know they aren't my scene"
"Well, I wanted to go so please come with me pleeeease."I say almost crying for him to say yes. With a sigh he says "Fine but only for a little while. Did you ask Fabio and Daniella? " "I'll ask them today after dinner"

After dinner I asked Fabio and Daniella feeling so nervous because when we asked for something back in Idaho from our foster parents they'd beat us till we'd regret asking. Daniella said yes and that she's glad we're making friends here while Fabio said we should answer our phones if they call and that we should be home by 11:30.
I was so excited and relieved that they said yes.

On Saturday I got dressed up in the purple dress Mandy bought and put concealer on all my scars making sure none of them showed.

Luca wore simple and casual and I wanted to be dressed like him so badly

I walk down and Daniella compliments me, I wanna cry and hug her for that but she'll think I'm too attached

I walk down and Daniella compliments me, I wanna cry and hug her for that but she'll think I'm too attached. I get rounds of compliments but when Luca walks down the stairs he says "What are you wearing?" looking me up and down as if he's seeing his least favorite thing in the world. "Since when do you wear dresses? Ahh don't answer that it was Mandy's idea."
"Let's just go" I say pushing him out the door.

We get to the party and it is big, we see Carter and Enzo. Carter's making out with some girl and Enzo is taking body shots off a cheerleader. I see Mandy and some girls whispering and giggling with each other. I join them and we start making jokes and dancing. Luca leave saying he's going to get a drink but I know he'll find some girl to do whatever with.

3rd person's pov
After 20 minutes of dancing and Mandy getting Laureline to drink a lot of vodka shots, Laureline is completely drunk. Luca ended up having a deep make out session with a girl who he won't remember tomorrow. Mandy and her less drunk and almost sober friends start asking Laureline questions.
Where are you from? “McCall in Idaho” she replied
Were you guys rich? “No we used to eat from trash cans on some nights”
What do you hate the most about Luca? “He thinks he knows it all but he doesn't”
Are you some copy cat? “No. Then why are you wearing like Mandy. She said I should, I'm really scared that this outfit will tear off.” This made Mandy angry but she hid her anger and hatred to ask one last question.
What's your one of your biggest fears? “I'm really scared of spiders”
All of this was said in Laureline's drunken state. It has become clear that Mandy only wants to humiliate the twins.