Chapter 27.

It was more than five hours and Alex's surgery wasn't done yet.

Unknowingly Eira slept on the chair, it was around 3 am in the morning. Her head was resting at the headboard of the bench and she was extremely tired.

Daniel was feeling so pity for her, for the first time he felt pity and worried for someone else.

With that the head surgeon of Alex came and talked about few details with Daniel and left from there.

He slowly went towards Eira.

"Eira." He called out to her with a calm and low voice.

There was no response from her.

"Eira." This time his voice a little loud to which she woke up in a jolt.

"Alex." The first word came out of her mouth, making Daniel to feel more pitiful.

"Eira."

She registered her surrounding and immediately sat straight, looking down at her hands.

"Alex's surgery was a success." He said softly.

"What? Really? Alhamdulillah. Where is he?" She got up from the seat feeling a little relieved.

"Relax relax. He is in intensive care for time being, you can meet him after they shift him to the room. Okay."

"Where is the doctor I want to talk to him."

"He was tired and went back, you can meet him tomorrow."

She closed her eyes and sat back on the bench with a thud.

"Shall I drop you back?"

She shook her head not looking at him.

"You are tired Eira go home you can come tomorrow."

"I'm not leaving him."

"He is not alone."

"Still."

"So stubborn." He mumbled under his breath and went from there.

She too stood up after few minutes and asked the nurse about rest room and request her to give a mask.

She went to the washroom and washed her hands, cleaning the blood on her hands. She looked at her face and slowly removed the hijab.

She washed her face few times and did her ablution. Her niqab was on the chair where she had dinner last night with Alex.

She wore the mask then her hijab back securing it with a pin. Her cheek still had the finger prints of yesterday's.

She went out and started offering her tahajjud prayers, asking Allah to save Alex.

Daniel came and stood on his place looking at her, he sat on the bench keeping the coffee and hot cake on the bench.

After few minutes she completed her prayers and sat back on the bench. There was a lot of distance between them.

"Here have something." He said softly referring to the cake and coffee.

She shook her head looking at the plain wall infront of her.

He sighed and slided it on the bench near her.

"I don't want."

"Why?"

"I don't trust you."

This made him chuckle and he shook his head.

"Fine, take the money and buy it yourself."