Chapter 46.

Alex woke up and streched himself a little, he got confused for a second but registered everything.

Last night he unknowingly slept on the prayer mat. Flashbacks of Eira flooded in his mind and a smile crept on his face.

He found her sleeping on the prayer rug numerous times, he often had this question how can she sleep so peacefully on the ground without any mattress but today it all made sense.

It was the first peaceful sleep he had in this 6 months. He felt as if he slept in her embrace.

"Please bring her back to me." He mumbled and stood up from the floor folding the mat.

He found her scent in the mat which he was craving for months.

He went to washroom and took a warm shower, he came after few minutes and was looking for his clothes in his walk in closet.

He wore his clothes and opened the cupboard of her clothes, he felt the fabric on his finger tips and closed his eyes thinking about her.

He was about to close the cupboard but found a beautiful wrapped box.

He furrowed and took it out.

The box had a small card on top of it, looking at those words made him froze for a second.

'For you lex.'

Those casual three words were more impactful for him than the entire world.

He traced her handwriting gently and smiled softly thinking about her.

The anger he was showing from past 6 months was like never existed, in this moment he was smiling remembering her.

He carefully removed the card and placed it on the counter, he started unwrapping the paper.

He literally froze on his spot looking at the content in the box. He carefully removed it and looked at it with so much admiration.

The box had a silver ring with a Red Aqeeq stone engraved in it.

He didn't knew the importance and value of it but for him it was still most valuable as it was the gift from her.

He removed it carefully from the box and wore it in his ring finger, he was surprised as it got fit perfectly in his ring finger, as it is made only for him.

He gently caressed it unable to take off his eyes from his finger.

He looked inside the box, thinking there might be something else but found nothing.

He was searching for any letter or just a sentence from her but there was nothing other than the ring.

He gently pecked the ring.

He took that card back and was tracing those three words which were written by her hand.

He kept it safely in his locker and got out from the closet. His eyes were fixed on the new ring he was wearing.

His phone started ringing but he was lost in admiring the ring or the one who gifted it to him.

His phone again started ringing snapping him back to reality from Eira's thoughts.

He picked it from the bed side stand and answered it.

"Hello."

"Alex, where are you?" Daniel's panicked filled voice came from the other end.

"In my room."

"Get ready I'm coming to pick you up."

"What's going on, you sound stressed?"