Chapter 67.

She was in the kitchen preparing breakfast for both of them, her appetite usually died down by time due to the lack of food.

It was her duty to make food for the entire orphanage and old aged people but those people never allowed her to eat a proper meal.

Due to lack of food for more than 2.5 years made her appetite decrease, she was being slapped and was accused of stealing several times.

At times she used to get unconscious because of lack of food for an entire week. Her health worsened to the extent that she might die due to hunger.

She got tortured both mentally and physically and the trauma was still in her, she wasn't trying to show it openly in front of Umar as she was feeling insecure about herself

"EIRA." His voice startled her and she flinched, she turned around to look at him.

He was a little angry but there was more concern hidden behind it. He took a few steps towards her and she stepped back a little.

"What are you doing?" He asked in a serious tone making her confused a little.

"Preparing food." She replied in a soft voice that it almost melted his heart.

"You are never gonna step in the kitchen again." He said in an authoritative tone and held her hand.

He took her out from the kitchen and made her sit on the chair of the dining table.

"Sit here and wait for breakfast to be served."

"And who will make that?" She didn't even realise that she was feeling those emotions which died down from her body in these 4 years.

"Your husband." He replied, his tone got normal to one of those soft ones and his mood changed back to normal.

"From when does this husband of mine know how to cook?" She stood up and was now standing in front of him.

"When the peace of his got snatched." He replied looking deeply in her eyes.

"Umar, please let me do my work."

"Is it your work?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes."

"And who assigned you this work?"

"It is my duty." She changed the statement but his intense gaze was still staring in those honey, as if he was looking in her soul. She wasn't able to look at him so she looked the other way.

He kept his finger under her chin and made her look up at him.

"Never look away, instead stare back like the tigress you are. Ready to eat and kill anyone if they think of moving an inch towards you."

He was fixing her back without even knowing, but these words of his are more impactful to her than those therapy videos.

"Now, sit here or look around and the breakfast will be ready in a few minutes."

"But Umar."

"NO." He said with finality.

"At least let me help you."

"In what?" He asked while taking the steps in the kitchen.

"In washing, cutting or anything."

"Love, eggs and bread are not washed so go and sit and let me do my work."

"Okay, what about coffee?" She asked again.

He already set the pan on the stove but immediately turned it off and looked at her.