Chapter 48.

"Lex." Eira's sweet voice called him.

He woke up in a jolt and looked at her with teary eyes making her worry.

"Hey what's wrong?" She asked with concern filled voice brushing his hairs.

Alex immediately stood up from his bed, he looked at her with wide eyes and immediately hugged her tightly and started kissing every inch of her face.

She giggled "what's wrong Alexa?"

"I thought I lost you. Don't leave me ever again." He mumbled keeping her close to him, his face was buried in the crook of her neck and she was brushing his hairs softly with her fingers.

"Lex, I'm here with you. I'm not going anywhere."

"Promise this." He moved and looked at those honey brown orbs.

"Promise what?"

"That you will never leave me alone."

"But I already left you."

Her body changed suddenly and she was burnt completely.

Alex screamed and woke up in jolt breathing heavily. He looked at his surroundings trying to register his surroundings, he was covered in cold sweats.

"Lex." Her voice snapped him and he looked near the door.

"Eira, tigress." He ran towards her and hugged her tightly.

"Another nightmare?" She asked softly.

He nodded his head in her embrace trying to feel her warm body.

"It's fine lex, I'm here with you now. I know it will take some time for you to register that I'm alive but I'm here."

Alex pulled himself back from her embrace.

"Are you fine now? Is it hurting?" He asked gently caressing the bandage wrapped around her head.

"I'm fine lex. Stop worrying now." She mumbled softly and pecked his cheek making him smile.

"You know I really thought you left me." He shivered and hugged her back.

"It's fine lex I'm here I'm fine." She mumbled.

"C'mon now go and freshen up I'm starving."

He nodded and moved back gently pecking her lips making her smile and blush.

He went to freshen up and she descended downstairs.

He came back after few minutes and was buttoning up his shirt when he heard heart piercing scream of Eira.

He ran down to the kitchen and forgot to breath, his heart stopped beating looking at her.

She was burnt in fire by stove, she was screaming in pain. He was stunned in his position.

He woke up breathing heavily, he was drenched in sweats. He was trying hard to compose himself.

After few minutes he calmed down a little. He throwed the duvet aside and took a warm shower, it was in the middle of the night.

He wore his causual attire and went out from his room. He took his car keys and drove to the graveyard.

He started walking and stopped near Eira's grave. He sat on his knees near it and gently touched the cold stone.

It's been a month now of her death, he was dead mentally and those nightmares were getting more deadliest day by day.

"I saw a nightmare within a nightmare." He chuckled. "Does it even make any sense."