Chapter 68.

It was around 2 pm and she didn't move an inch from her place, she was fast asleep. With that the bell rang making her flinch in her sleep and she woke up immediately.

She searched her hijab and wrapped it around her and took one of its sides and tucked it in the other to hide her face.

She peeked from the eye hole and opened the door when she saw a delivery boy.

"Mam your order." He informed and forwarded the bag in her direction. She took it from him making sure not to touch him.

She immediately closed the door and kept the paper bag on the dining table and lay back on the couch.

Amara's name roamed in her mind and for a second she thought about her childhood best friend but as she knew Amara was out of the country she wouldn't be the same but was unaware that she was the same girl of her childhood.

She was looking up at the ceiling and the flashbacks of a few days ago flooded back in her mind, the day when she met Umar again for the first time.

It was a surreal feeling, she was ecstatic but at the same time there was something stopping her.

There was this empty feeling within herself which was destroying her inner peace, she sat straight on the couch and was staring at that paper bag kept on the dining table.

She slowly stood up from her place and sat on the chair and started unpacking the containers. The delicious odour filled her nostril making her mouth to water.

She started eating it and mumbled several Alhamdulillah for the delicious meal. Even though she loved the food but wasn't able to eat fully as she wasn't used to eating much.

She cleaned the mess and washed the utensils, she then looked around for the broom or something and found the vacuum cleaner in the balcony.

She started cleaning around as it was four days that it didn't get cleaned. She did some dusting and cleaned everything except for his study room.

She was afraid that she might misplace something. She again sat ideally, she then looked around and turned on the TV, she was aimlessly looking at it.

She then looked at the time and it was still 5 pm. She went to the bedroom and dropped herself on the bed, the weather was extremely cold today.

She was so bored right now, she thought of doing something and an idea crept up in her mind and she smirked not knowing what that outcome would lead her to.

It was around 8:30 pm and she heard a knock on the door, she smiled and went to open the door.

"Assalam ul alaikum." She greeted him with a smile.

"Walikum as salaam love." He greeted back and hugged her.

He felt as if every cell of his body was at peace, his tiredness as if vanished in thin air.

He came inside and froze on his place looking at his surroundings, everything was cleaned and was at its place.

His eyes then landed on the dining table and it made him still at his place.

"Eira, I just asked you for one thing." His tone got changed from before looking at the table filled with several dishes.

"I didn't prepare it in the kitchen I brought the stove in the living room." She replied so casually as if it wasn't something crazy to do.

His breathing got heavy and he curled his fingers into a fist to control his anger, he started reciting kalma to calm himself down.

"Go and freshen up first I'll heat it." She spoke again unaware of the storm in his mind.