Chapter 59.

She stood up and looked at him, he froze at his place looking at the girl in front of his eyes.

Even though she had the same expressions as him, the time stopped and air got still at its place.

Their breaths quicken and neither of them blinked, their palms turned cold and their heartbeats were erratic.

"Katherine." A voice snapped them and she tensed, she turned back to look but again looked at him.

There were floods of emotions, but there was no conversation, as if they got mute.

Even after trying to open their mouths, they couldn't utter a single word.

"KATHERINE." The voice came out loud which made her flinch, she wasn't able to breath.

He didn't lowered his gaze nor did she.

"Maama." A small voice broke their staring contest.

She looked at the girl, standing beside her clutching her fingers with her tiny ones.

"Hey princess." She whispered and sat on her knees infront of her. Umar closed his eyes listening to her voice as if it brought him inner peace.

He came back to his senses and looked at both of them and he felt as if ground slipped underneath his feet.

"Who is he?" She asked innocently in a baby voice.

This made her froze and she looked back again.

"You can see him?" She asked in a shaky voice.

The little girl just nodded, her eyes were same like hers. Umar forgot to breath looking at them.

"Baby, can you go to your room. I'll come to you soon and don't tell anyone about anything. Okay?"

She nodded and ran from there.

She stood up again facing him, Umar forwarded his hand to touch her face but stopped in the middle unable to have that courage.

"KATHERINE." This time the voice came furious.

This was as if an alarm for her, she grabbed Umar's wrist and started running. He couldn't register anything other than just running behind her.

After running for 2 minutes they reached to a small quarter, she immediately went inside and locked the door breathing heavily.

She took a breath of relief and looked back at him, she followed his gaze and immediately removed her hand from his wrist, he looked at her and her eyes were fixed on him.

"Alex."

"Eira."

They both whispered in unison and got froze listening to each other's voice.

Both of their eyes were widen in complete shock, they forget to breath and they weren't blinking doesn't believing their eyes.

He took a little step towards her and forwarded both his hands to cup her face but stopped in the middle unable to have that courage.

After more than 4 years those deep dark blue was meeting his honey brown.

He lowered his hands as the little girl's face came in his mind.

"Katherine." There was banging on her door.

"If you are real, then please hide here." She showed him a place and took a deep breath and opened the door slowly.

"Where were you woman? How many times did I called you huh?" Someone was scolding her and in reply there was only two words 'I'm sorry'

"Now, don't come out till morning. Have you understood?" She shouted.