Chapter 58

TW: Mention of suicide ⚠

"Wow, look at you all dashing and handsome. The princess is quite lucky I must say"

The man in front of the mirror had his eyes that looked dead. No glitter, no excitement, no emotion for his coronation day and the day he'll introduce his "queen" to the kingdom.

"Everyone around me seems lucky......*sigh* but me"

"Hey! what happened Taekhyung?"  the prince's childhood friend and cousin Kim Hajoon asked eyeing the prince in worry. He had noticed the prince all gloomy and non expressive face since yesterday.

The prince left a frustrated sigh, rubbing his face to wear off the sleepiness.
"When did you get to know about my father selecting a princess to be my queen and about my coronation?"

"Huh?....what kind of question is that...everyone one in the kingdom gets to know that two weeks before...obviously except you, the princess and the king hims-"

"WELL, THAT'S NOT THE REALITY"
"My precious father, your king informed me this just yesterday." the prince shouted, eyes filling up with tears making them more irritated and red.
"H-how can I spend my life with a person who I don't l-ove, I don't even know her name" he broke down, kneeling and covering his face. His friend was the only one he would open up to about his insecurities and worries. Everyone else saw him as a prince. A handsome and strong man who will marry and take care of the kingdom. They never saw him as a human.

Hajoon looked at him in shock. He really thought that Taekhyung had finally accepted for marriage and that is why the ceremony is happening. He never thought the heartless of a father would force his son and also hide such a vital information from his son. He might me a "golden" ruler for the kingdom, but to his son he was a bad father. He only saw Taekhyung as his heir. Someone who he can make a puppet when he is old enough to renounce the crown. 

Taekhyung got up, harshly wiping his face and setting himself to look presentable enough so that he does not look as if he was up the entire night. He had strictly informed no maids to enter his chambers to help him get ready. He was so betrayed and also he was very angry. The last thing the prince wanted was to lash out on the innocent maids for the anger he has towards his father.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Majesty, look at this, do you like my dress?"

Taekhyung looked at her, not feeling even an bit of liking towards the woman in front of him. Within the month of the coronation all he understood about the woman....his future wife was that she was a vile, stubborn, disrespectful woman who did not care about anyone or anything but just her own well being and materialistic things that he could provide.

Taekhyung had never even touched her. Even in the coronation ceremony where he was supposed to hold hands with the queen, he did not. Actually the ceremony was not done according to the traditional rituals at all.