Two Dirty Dogs(37)

Winter faded away and springtime called for lots of work to be done at the Bloom Bunker. Cosette found herself either at work or at school most days, and she couldn't wait for school to be over so that she could see George and they could start their real lives together. Little did she know that she wouldn't have to wait as long as she thought she would because the boys were, as always, up to no good. With Umbridge being a pain in their ass as she was, they decided to spring an escape. 

When Fred and George arrived at the Burrow where she and Molly were out working in the garden, she was a little upset with them for not finishing school when they were so close, but she was not nearly as upset as Molly was. Molly even went as far as asking Cosette to go home so that she could fuss at them because if she tried to while she was there the scolding would not have been nearly as severe. George visited her at home where they had very serious conversation about when she would be moving in with them.

They agreed to wait until she was finished with school before they moved in together, giving he and Fred time to make the place more of a home than a run-down shop that needed fixing. This was much of a relief to her parents, who applauded them for realizing that even though they didn't graduate, it was important that she did.

Bill began seeing Fleur which Fleur was more than happy to give her all the details about under the condition that she kept it a secret. The pairing of Bill and Fleur was so seemingly random that she doubted that it would even come up in conversation making it easy not to mention it to anyone. Why they wanted to keep it a secret, she didn't know but she understood wanting to keep things private so she respected their choice and kept her mouth shut about it. 

Upon returning home from school, Fred and George were able to continue their journey in becoming animegus, even though Cosette had not turned since the first time. Every full moon they stayed up, waiting to see if the pins and needles returned to George in fear of the worst, but nothing came. George turning painfully into a coyote, and Fred into a Hyena. There were not what they were expecting, and not as discreet as Sirius's dog form, but they were perfect for what they had planned to use their ability for.

When they turned, doing so at Remus's house while Cosette was away at school on Lena's week, Cosette knew instantly that something had happened, she just didn't know what. She arrived home from school, chunked her bag, and appriated over to her father's house in a near panic. She felt something, though she didn't know what, and when opened the door to see two wild dogs and her parents cheering she knew exactly what they had done. As soon as she walked in, she walked back out, having to gather her thoughts on the situation.

As much as she loved George, too many things were going wrong when she transformed to make it safe for him, animagus or not. She told him so when she went over to their house that night to talk about it. She accepted his apology for keeping it from her, and when she told him she didn't want him there when she transformed, it somehow turned into a fight. He felt like that wasn't fair because they were soulmates, but she was firm in her choice. When she woke up the last time her clothes had been ripped to shreds, and she was not going to let the first time he saw her naked to be under those circumstances. Once she told him that, they both calmed down and came to an agreement that once she could get the transformations under control, then he could come with her. 

When the next full moon came, she almost changed her mind. She started feeling sick, and knew that the rest of the night would not be any fun. While they had prepped for the worst, that time, though she did transform back and forth just a few times, she spent most of the night curled up in full wolf form sleeping on the floor with her dad.

Authors note: 

Hey everyone, long time no update! I started this story a long time ago and I don't want to say that I have lost interest but I don't have the kind of commitment to the Harry Potter stories as I used to. With that being said, I am going to try and push out some smaller chapters and get us close to an ending! I have the whole story drafted out to the end, so I know what happens, and I am going to try and tell you guys so that this isn't left unfinished. Thank you so much for all the love and support in the comments, you readers are what inspired me to get the story finished!

Love always,

 Rose