Forming the Family Bond (22)

When Cosette returned home that night, her mother was waiting up for her surprisingly with both Remus and Sirius. It seemed that they had finally gathered the courage to speak with her about the situation while she was gone and she was beyond happy about it. She would get to spend Christmas with all three of her parents just like she had secretly hoped. Lena was of course very upset that Cosette had kept it from her the way that she had, but couldn't blame her at the same time. She had tried to attack Sirius the second she saw him and had to be restrained to even give them the chance to speak. Once she finally listened, it was impossible not to believe what he had to say because it all made sense and she could also tell how passionate he was about their daughter.

She believed him so easy because of that passion. He had started to cry when he saw a photo of Cosette on the mantel, where she was only a few years old and holding a toy tight to her chest. It was a big black dog, and it reminded him of all the time he lost with her because he acted rashly on anger and sadness. He wanted revenge and didn't stop to think about what it would did to his family, he told her, and he wished more than anything he could take it back.

Cosette didn't go into detail about how her night went. Though the smirk on her face when Lena asked her if she and George kissed was enough for them to know the answer. It took everything in her not to burst into the story of their soulmate encounter and the kiss in the snow and the photos from Collin that she couldn't wait to get back in the morning. Her parents could know they were together, but not that they were soulmates. It put much to much pressure on the newly budding relationship, more than George even knew.

When they talked about it, they agreed as much. His mother needed to be told in person that they were together and Cosette had offered to do it, which he excepted. If she didn't find out until the summer he would have hell to pay from her. As for Cosette telling her parents, he expected nothing less, and was surprised that she didn't want to tell them the whole story from the start. He knew there was more too it than just wanting to keep it between them, and she assured him that she would explain when she had time because it was a story.

Christmas morning she had spent with her parents, enjoying every second that they spent together as a family. For lunch, she had her mother floo her to the Weasleys. She had been invited along as well but decided to stay home and let Cosette have her time with them. Bill and Charlie were there, and they were excited to see and speak with her- especially Bill, who George had mailed as soon as he got back to the dorm. He surprised her with a hug and a much bigger smile than the rest.

Since Cosette had spent so much time there over the summer, she felt nothing but at home there and they felt the same way about having her there. She was ecstatic when they invited her and even happier when she found out Bill and Charlie would be there. She had passed out their gifts excitedly as soon as she entered as they were all waiting for her in the living room. Her gift to Bill was a book in French which made him grin even more at her. Molly had never been so happy to give someone a Weasley sweater as she was to give the one she made Cosette. She nearly cried handing it to her and Cosette did tear up upon receiving it.

When they finally did sit down for a late lunch, they had spent hours chatting and playing games together in the living room. Cosette was waiting for the perfect moment to mention the fact she was now dating George, and that seemed to be the perfect time.

"You know Cosette, you feel so much like family it's a wonder you aren't," Arthur said, "You can have your pick of my sons if you'd like, though I know which one you would pick."

"I'm glad you said that," She answered, suddenly feeling nervous about telling them.

"She's dating George now!" Bill yelled excitedly when she didn't continue. "I'm sorry, I couldn't take it anymore!"

Molly and Arthur cheered from their sides of the table with Charlie which made her laugh, and hug Molly back when she came around telling her how pleased she was. Arthur joked that George better not mess it up which made them all laugh. Only she and Bill knew that there was no way that George would mess up because it was more than just dating.

Before she left she was able to speak with Bill alone where he congratulated her and welcomed her into the family, claiming that she was already his sister and that he expects to hear from her often as such. She agreed wholeheartedly, reminding him she already felt that way from the start and was glad that everyone liked her. She felt beyond lucky to have met George and become a part of their family and knowing that she wouldn't ever feel uncomfortable with him at all made her feel calm. She'd had a boyfriend who's family hated her and she was glad that they wouldn't have that pressure to be added on as well as glad to have such an amazing group of people in her life.

It felt like everything was falling into place and perfect. She told George all about her Christmas the next weekend when he snuck into Hogsmead to see her. Everything felt incredibly easy and natural and he made her feel so happy even when he wasn't with her and he felt the exact same as she did. Nothing could touch their mood, not even the teacher that hated George and was constantly out to get him, Professor Moody.