Background Information (17)

Knowing that it was what Cosette wanted, Fred and George decided to see her separately after that. Fred went first and told him all about how different it was to spend time with someone without him. Not that he didn't love doing everything with him of course, it was just nice and he had a lot of fun. He also told him that he was going to really like it, more so without him there so that they wouldn't have him third wheeling the whole time like he normally did.

George wasn't really sure what to expect, but he did know that he had an amazing day with her. She and her mom were making cupcakes when he got there so he helped decorate them, then they watched a movie. He didn't think that Cosette was into movies, considering that she couldn't hear them, but when he saw her moms collection of French movies, she explained that one, her mother was French, and two she loved movies but obviously needed to use subtitles. Lena didn't mind that the two of them were much closer together than they should have been while watching the movie, much closer meaning completely cuddled up watching the French rom-com that George had picked out.

Lena was born in France and attended Beauxbatons, and when they taught Cosette to talk they also taught her French. Her ability to read it stayed while remembering how to speak at all faded away as the years passed. Lena's best friend from school, Apolline, and her daughter Fleur both learned British sign language in order to speak with her as opposed to Cosette learning French. She explained all this to George while they were getting ready to start the movie, explaining how both Apolline and Lena were half vela, which made her daughters Fleur and Gabrielle, and Cosette, both quarter vela as well as her being possibly half werewolf.

George was not surprised in the slightest at that. It explained why he found her so breathtaking as well as everyone else who saw her. He made a comment about how beautiful she was, inside and out, which made her smile. Sure she had been complimented before, but it was always on her physical appearance and not her in general like he was. She appreciated that he saw her as her, and it made her think about how he must feel the same way, like how people saw he and Fred as the same, just like they saw her as nothing but a pretty face. She felt like they could really understand each other in that way, though it was different at the same time. 

George was surprised at the number of things that he didn't know about her before then. Since they were alone they got to talk about things without feeling weird about it, really just getting to understand each other, and they both loved it. He learned that Cosette went through a rebellious stage brought about by an older boy who pushed her into doing things she shouldn't have. He never would have thought that for her, and never would have thought that he could feel so jealous over someone who wasn't even a part of her life anymore. 

The guy, River, was a friend of Darcy's brother that Cosette was on and off with for the better part of two years, and they ended on good terms when Cosette finally realized that she didn't want to be with him anymore. She didn't realize at the time that she had been rebellious, but looking back she shouldn't have been sneaking out to parties or getting in trouble or going to his house (which he lived in alone considering he was three years older) at all, much less as often as she was. He wasn't good for her, and he wasn't the one so she ended it. George didn't comment on what she said about him not being 'the one' but he did notice the way she touched her chest when she said it, right where the pendant of her necklace would be if she had one.

In turn, George told her about his fling with Angelina. It wasn't as serious as what she had with River, but a notable relationship none the less. He didn't tell her that it didn't work out because every time he took off his shirt, Angelina saw the necklace and couldn't help but feel like she was keeping him from whoever he was meant to be with. River, in Cosette's case, couldn't have cared less that she had a soulmate, figuring that if she wanted to be with someone else than she would be. 

Cosette was surprised to hear about George and Angelina, considering they were such good friends still and she never would have guessed it, though looking back Angelina did look at him a certain way sometimes. She didn't know why, but the idea of George and Angelina made her stomach turn in a way that she didn't like at all. He raised an eyebrow at her scrunched nose when she told her, but she was too embarrassed to say that she was just jealous. 

George loved spending the day with Cosette and ended up going back over more often than Fred did. With every day that passed, they both felt the bond they shared growing stronger and there were some days that she wanted nothing more than for him to stay forever, even though they both knew he couldn't. 

Much too soon, it was time for them to all return to school and go their separate ways. George was already trying to make plans for over the Christmas break, but considering Cosette knew that the Triwizard tournament was happening she only smiled and told him they would talk about it later on.  She didn't want to ruin the surprise by telling him about it but did hope that they would be able to work something out to see each other because after spending so much time with him during the summer she didn't know if she could handle not seeing him for months. 

Authors note: This story will be given priority! I have enough drafted out on separate paper to get us through the whole summer, it's just a matter of putting the parts together.  Since it is summer, and I am officially out of school, I can confidently put this story back onto a posting schedule of every other Monday for sure, but it might be every single Monday as it was before. I graduate high school this Saturday, and I had to step back from writing for a little while to secure that I would, so I apologize for disappearing as I did! See you next Monday,

-Rose