(You Drive Me) Crazy (13)

"Do you think he's here?" Darcy asked her suddenly, while they sat around in their bigger on the inside tent. Remus acted like he wasn't watching but he was. Sirius had gone off to find Harry early because he needed to talk to him about Cosette before she got there.

"I'm sure of it," She answered honestly. She didn't have to ask her who she had meant, she could feel that she was correct and didn't mind sharing.

"I think it's George," She told her, after making sure that her dad wasn't looking. Cosette couldn't help but smile for some reason.

"I get to see him today too," She told her, changing the topic just a little so that she wouldn't get awkward and shut down about it.

"So he's here?" She asked, referring back to what she had said earlier. She took a sip of her tea and put her cup down quickly so that she could respond to her when she needed. That was the one thing that was most awkward about sign language- that you couldn't multitask while doing it. You couldn't eat, read, or write and talk at the same time because your hands had to be free for the most part. Though, George had gotten pretty good at holding a quill between his fingers and talking at the same time.

"Yes, and I'm pretty much going to meet his whole family," She told her, "I'm kind of nervous. Ginny has told me that her family would really like me, but considering that I've got a fat crush on George I really want to make a good impression. I'm not exactly what they would want for him, you know?"

"Why not?" Darcy asked confused.

"I can't hear, remember?"

"I think that you are exactly what they want for him. Just think about it, you said he started learning sign language when he was young and they all know it, right? That means that sign language is very normal to all of them and talking to you won't be strange or weird. The only thing different is that you can't hear all the noise they make and trust me when I say that it is a lot." She answered, her eyes flickering over to Remus. He was watching, but he just smiled to let her knew that he was fully aware of the situation.

Cosette was very close with all three of her parents, and they all knew plenty about her crush on George. It made Darcy a little jealous because she wished she could trust her parents like that. There was nothing that Cosette wouldn't tell her mom and dad, and she couldn't imagine what it was like not to do that because she always had. They had all been through a lot together and losing her hearing only brought them closer together.

"Maybe you're right," She said with a shrug, before picking up her mug and sitting back. That was her way of ending the conversation- making it clear she wasn't going to put whatever she was holding down.

"For what it's worth, I think he likes you too."

Even though Cosette wasn't planning on continuing, she felt the sudden urge to rant so she put her cup back down quickly. It made a thump when it hit the table that was louder than normal, making Darcy give her her full attention.

"I get so nervous when I talk about him. I second guess myself and I don't know how I'm going to act when I see him," She said, going so fast that Darcy had to tell her to slow down. "But Darcy, when I see him. It's like... I don't even know how to explain it. I get nervous, sure, but I'm so comfortable with him its crazy. The thing about it is that when I'm with him I don't think about what he could be to me. It doesn't even cross my mind, I just know that he's there now and that's enough. That's why I don't know if he is my soulmate, when I'm with him it doesn't matter."

"If that wasn't answer enough, I don't know what is," She told her with a smile.

Since her dads would be watching the game, they left late and dropped her off at the Weasley's tent to wait for them. Sirius was there when they got there seeming very happy, and like promised the Weasleys were nowhere in sight. He wanted to tell Cosette about what Harry said, and she wanted to know, so before they left he transformed back into himself to tell them.

Harry wasn't sure how soulmates worked so once Sirius explained that, he went on to tell him about Cosette being both of their daughter. He was surprised to say the least but happy at the same time. He always wanted to get to know her more but didn't have a reason too until then. She was surprised that Ron had even started to teach him sign language before he even knew that she was his godsister.

When they left, she made herself comfortable on the couch while fighting the urge to look around. She ended up picking a book off the coffee table and looking at it. She thought it was Hermione's but when she looked at the bookmark that was placed in the middle she recognized it as the one she gave George. It was a piece of ribbon with a few beads and charms on the ends that stuck outside of the book when it was closed. She liked them because they were pretty and because they didn't get messed up if you bent them or spilled on them. She had made it for him when he noticed that she used them and asked where she'd gotten it, and she had expected for him to have lost it by then.

Being careful not to lose his place, she started to read it to pass the time. She wondered why he would have left it out like that, because normally he hid the fact that he liked to read from the others, but she wasn't complaining. She had finished the book she had brought along right before they headed there and didn't know what she would have done otherwise.