Stuck like Glue (26)

George knew exactly where they were going when their mother gathered them all up though, he wasn't supposed too. He knew that they were going to where ever Cosette was, he could feel it. Before knowing they were soulmates he would have felt silly for making such an assumption but knew by then that when it came to Cosette he was almost never wrong.  The idea of spending the rest of the summer with her seemed fantastic to him, and he would get to meet her other dad.

He didn't mail her when Molly told them they were going somewhere to stay for the rest of the summer. He had plenty of time to do so but figured that it would be a good surprise for her. They both missed each other a lot due to the fact that their parents had become extremely protective of them.  Molly even went as far as to make George wear a turtle neck the one time that she allowed him to go with her on a shopping trip. They were so scared that someone would see that their child had a soulmate and would target them.

Where George had his siblings there to keep him company, Cosette had her parents and her pets. They didn't feel comfortable letting her go to Darcy's house alone considering her parents were almost definitely death eaters, so when she got to see her they met up at her mother's house. She was staying at the headquarters to the order of the Pheonix. Her parents told her that it was easier for them to have her near but she knew they just wanted her to be- their definition of- safe. She spent her days making makeup and testing it out on Sirius or planting various plants in the windows of the dreary house in attempts to brighten the place up.

When the Weasleys arrived at Grimuled place, the first face they saw was Sirius, which caused everyone but Ron and George to go into a near panic mode and point their wands. Remus stepped in and explained the situation after greeting them playfully. That reaction was expected, though they had expected George to react to him too, not be the first to shake his hand and introduce himself.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you, George. Our daughter speaks highly of you," Sirius said, somehow using an aggressive tone to make the complement come off as threatening.

"I have definitely not also heard great things about you as well," He said with a grin, knowing that Cosette wasn't supposed to say anything per Dumbledores request but that he wouldn't mind his saying.

Remus stepped in and told them where their rooms were located, saying that they could either find them or attempt to find Cosette who was floating around there somewhere. George took off to find her without a second thought while the others did the same, though he knew he would find her first. He followed his feet up two flights of stairs and down a curved hallway to a random room that had the door open to it. Inside stood Cosette. She was watering a potted plant by the open window, completely oblivious to their arrival.

He stood in the doorway for a moment watching her, smiling as she clumsily spilled the water over the side of the pot. Instead of getting upset, she smiled as well. He took that opportunity to show himself, casting a quick spell that would make the water dry up. He had turned seventeen a few days before and was still having fun with the idea of using magic out of school.

She glanced up, expecting to see her father standing there and being delighted with the fact that it was him. Her hunch that they would be coming was obviously correct and she couldn't have been happier. Before he could prepare himself, she had locked him in a tight embrace with no intentions of letting go. It felt like a relief to have her back in his arms after what felt like forever.

After a minute he picked her up so that her legs were around his waist and he could carry her with his as he walked down the stairs. She was not letting go and people were calling for him downstairs, asking if he had found her. He let himself into the kitchen with his hands raised as a way of showing them that she was completely attached, not that he was complaining. 

"Did you cover her in glue before we got here?" He asked her parents jokingly. He returned his arms around her again, ensuring that she didn't fall. Fred had gone to stand behind him, beginning a conversation with her while she was still in her previous position.

Ginny came into the room then, not even hesitating to grab her by the waist herself and pull her off so that she could have a hug of her own. They had all missed her and she hugged everyone else when Ginny was done with her. 

No one noticed but him but her shirt was cut lower than normal, revealing her necklace. His eyes were drawn to it the second that he saw her but to everyone else it was simply a necklace that required no extra thought. He was surprised that not even Fred gave it a second glance. He wondered if she was going to want to tell her parents soon. He understood why she didn't want too but he knew that with both of them in the same place, someone was bound to figure it out, and that might not be too bad.