Quiet Company (9)

Once Easter Holidays passed, which Cosette had gone to her mothers for, time seemed to fly by quickly. Exams were more stressful than Cosette had anticipated, simply because of all the extra information that the professors had been giving them as they drew nearer. George assured her that it was just a scare tactic to make them study harder, but that didn't help ease her nervousness, even though once she took the exam she realized that he was right. He understood more than anyone else how much she struggled to keep up with everyone else and didn't mind helping her out no matter how much help she needed.

She was fairly confident that she did well on her exams, and after telling George so she wandered off to tell her father. She was surprised when she found his office empty, figuring that he had gone to see Professor Snape about his wolfsbane potion. It was getting pretty late and she knew she shouldn't have stopped by the kitchen for a snack on the way.

She let herself into the office and shut the door behind her, knowing that he wouldn't like it to be open which was how she found it. She didn't feel like walking back to the common room so she say down at his desk instead, pulling out her book and the cake she had brought along. When she sat down, she noticed a map that was laid flat across the table and figured that it was the same map that he and his friends made at school, and the same one that Fred and George had given Harry.  That either meant that Harry was in the office with him, or he had taken it away which she found very unlikely.

She let her curiosity get the better of her and picked it up, looking around for any name she might recognize. Her eyes found Georges name instantly, though she was more focused on the fact that his middle name was Fabian than where he was in the castle. If his middle name was Fabian than that made his initials G.F.W. which were the same initials on her necklace.

When the sun started going down not long after she arrived, she figured that her dad had gone to the shrieking shack for the night. She stayed in his office until she finished her book, making herself at home on the couch. She didn't like the common room as much as everyone else did- everyone looked at her as if she were some strange creature that they didn't understand. They treated her like she was contagious.

She let out a sound of surprise when she turned the corner on her way back and slammed directly into someone. Her shreik turned into a laugh when she realized it was George and he spun her around just because he already had his arms around her from when he caught her fall. He waved at her in a happy hello when he pulled away from her and she couldn't wipe the smile off of he face.

"Where are you headed?" She asked him curiously. She was heading toward the common room and he was headed away.

"Just walking, you?"

"Can I walk with you?" She asked, feeling a bit shy. She had planned to head to bed, but spending time with him seemed so much better.

He just smiled at her in a way that made her heart flutter and took her hand as if he knew that she just wanted to spend time with him. She raised an eyebrow at him when he intertwined their fingers together, making sure to give him a squeeze to know that she was okay with it, just curious. He just shrugged his shoulders and continued walking at their slow pace, ignoring the fact that he felt the flutter in his heart too.

They eventually wandered back into the commons way past curfew, though that wasn't an issue to them. No one had seen them and it wasn't like they were making any noise. Ginny and Fred were in the commons talking, unknowing to Cosette about her and George. Since they hadn't seen the two of them come in they didn't stop talking, and George heard Fred ask Ginny if Cosette had a soulmate that she could tell. Ginny was confused by the question and said she didn't know, and a moment before she asked, it clicked on why he was asking. George shut the door loudly, making sure that they knew he was there so they would stop before Cosette saw them talking. 

Cosette yawned big and waved to the two on the couch before heading upstairs, already having said goodbye to George before they came in. He sat down next to Fred with a glare, and they knew that he had heard them.

"Do not say anything to her," George told her seriously.

"You really think it could be her?" Ginny asked him curiously.

"I don't know," He answered, "It was just something Fred came up with because I like her. Just forget about it, alright Gin?"

"You just admitted that you like her," Ginny pointed out with a grin, "So I'll take it, and as your sister and Cosette's friend I would be happy to find out as much as I can."

Before George could say anything else to her she had gotten up and practically bouncing up the stairs to the dorm. He had no idea what she had planned, but he knew that he wouldn't like it and Cosette probably wouldn't either. The term was ending soon, and Cosette would be going back to the school she was at before which meant that he wouldn't be seeing her as often. As much as he didn't like it, school was easier for her there than it was at Hogwarts and that was okay. He didn't feel sad about it because he had no doubt that they would see eachother over breaks and whenever they could really. She was stuck with them and admitted to him that she wouldn't have it any other way, because she was glad to have people like them as a part of her life. They were stuck with her just as much.