Safe Siblings (27)

Having the Weasleys at Grimulde place felt like the best thing that had ever happened to Cosette. She loved the idea of George being there when she woke up and enjoyed being able to bond with the others in a way that she hadn't been able too before. The couple made no efforts to hide the fact that they were soulmates from everyone else knowing that they couldn't figure it out unless they were looking for it. Hiding was exhausting and the two just wanted to relax and be together while they had the chance.

As the days went on, Hermione joined them as well. Cosette was disappointed in her and Ron for the way that they decided to treat Harry about the situation and on one hand where she understood, she also didn't fear Dumbledore or the reasons that he had to not tell Harry where they were. Cosette didn't know where they were, she only knew why, and she told Harry every detail that she could. It wasn't fair to keep him in the dark and she didn't care about the supposed consequences.

Harry was scared and he needed someone there for him more than ever. Cosette became that person in his friend's absence and he appreciated her for it more than she knew. He was her brother and she was going to support him and always be honest with him, she explained to him in a letter one day when he asked her why she told him the things that she did. He had never been happier than when he read those words, feeling the same way about Cosette and like he truly had a family.

Cosette would never let him down, he knew that which was why when he was attacked by dementors and expelled from school, she was the first person to receive a letter containing his fears. He was scared that he would truly be expelled despite Dumbledore telling him that he would help. If he was expelled than he would no longer have magic and that would mean that he wouldn't be able to help anyone against Voldemort like everyone expected him too, he wouldn't even be able to protect himself. 

Harry had expected Cosette to respond to him in a letter of her own but was surprised by her knocking on his front door instead. She had spoken to George and he agreed to drop her off there under the promise that if anything happened then he would be there instantly. It seemed as though the danger was gone and there was no way that she would leave Harry to spiral on his own. She held him as he cried in her arms, mostly in relief and happiness that she was there for him with no intention of leaving until the order arrived to take him to headquarters.

She distracted him by opening up about herself. When Harry had asked why George was willing to bring her there when no one else even wanted him to know they were together, she took that as an opportunity to explain that they were soulmates. It was a good distraction, even he could admit that as they talked about what that meant with Voldemort returning and how she was nervous that her parents would want her to hear again if they found out. They fell asleep on the couch as she rambled on about how happy he made her which cheered Harry up to hear about. He wanted Cosette to be happy and knowing that she was meant the world to him.

Harry woke up to the sound of the door bursting open and instantly shook Cosette awake with his wand pointed towards it. She pointed hers as well, recovering quickly from her sleepy state. They lowered their wands as a familiar head of pink hair entered the room with a smile and cursed as she tripped over the coat rack. The order was finally there to get Harry but unfortunately, Remus was with them. He stared at her in shock at first which was quickly replaced with realization and then anger.

"We will talk about this when we get back," He told her sternly, too angry to even try and talk about it then. They hadn't even noticed that she was gone.

The flight there was quiet as she rode with her father. When they landed, she turned to him calmly and decided that she would explain to him why she chose to leave before he went inside and got angry with George for taking her there like they both knew that he did.

"H. was scared," She told him simply, "What kind of sister would I be if I didn't go to him as soon as he told me so?"

All Remus could do was sigh, he knew that she was right and was even proud of her for it. She cared about Harry and that was all he and Sirius could have ever hoped for considering that as soon as they could they were going to try and take Harry in as their second child, as their son. They had once been concerned that Cosette and he wouldn't get along well as siblings because they didn't know each other or speak often but it would appear that they were closer than they thought. When Remus explained that to Sirius when he noticed Cosette come in with them, Sirius began to tear up in the way that he always did when he was happy.

They watched as Cosette put herself into George's arms with a smile, giving him a small thank you to which he responded by kissing her forehead. They wanted to be mad at him for putting Cosette in possible danger by dropping her off there but they couldn't be upset when they saw the way that they looked at each other. The poor boy wouldn't have said no even if he wanted too, it was obvious that he would do anything to make her happy.

The truth was that George had spent the entire time that she was gone in his room, necklace in hand and eyes closed, ensuring that Cosette was safe by concentrating on the connection between them. When he focused it was like he could feel what she was feeling-  and he knew for some reason that she had decided to tell Harry about their connection and that doing so made her happy too. She was worried about Harry- they all were. 

AUTHORS NOTE: Long time no update! Ive been super busy with school and juggled a few ideas with how I am going to continue this story and now that I have more or less decided, I should be able to put out a few updates every now and again when I have the time. Until next time- ROSE