Tea Kettle (14)

The game didn't last nearly as long as they thought it would, considering that it once ran for a few days. It also didn't end as most thought it would, most besides Fred and George. They were beside themselves at the fact that they had won the bet they had made and were dancing around before they even got back to the tent. They were surprised when Remus came and walked with them with a dog not far behind them, but welcomed it none the less. Cosette told them she wasn't going so it wasn't surprising that she wasn't with him.

"Fred, George, go inside and get the tea kettle please," Arthur said with a smirk when they got to the tent. Remus couldn't help but laugh, knowing that Cosette was in there somewhere. "Everyone else is to help me start a fire! I've got some matchies to help us."

The two went inside, not really thinking anything of it until they got in and saw someone sitting on the couch. Her back was turned, and all they could see were her hair braids and the pink flowers in them, but they both knew that it was Cosette. She didn't react at all when they came in which was the main reason that they knew. They both smiled when they saw her, since they hadn't seen her since they said goodbye at school.

"I'm gonna scare her," George said to Fred, before going forward and putting his hands over her eyes. She jumped and her hand went up to touch his instantly and he watched a smile form on her face.

In one movement she had put her book down and spun around to face him. She saw that it was in fact him, she made an excited sound and had him in a hug in seconds. He was taken aback by the amount of happiness that filled him the moment she was in his arms, and he hugged her back tightly not even caring in the slightest that when she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, her hand came to rest against the back of his neck where his necklace rested as well. Fred noticed this instantly, expecting George to pull away. He didn't even seem fazed by it, and Fred only added that to his growing list of reasons he thought they were soulmates.

She let go of him not long later and pulled Fred into a hug next. He took that as a chance to spin her around just for fun which made her laugh. He couldn't remember making her laugh before on his own, and he understood why George liked to do it so much. It was more rewarding than making anyone else laugh.

"I was supposed to surprise you guys, not the other way around!" She told them, stomping her foot to show her joking aggravation.

They laughed again, and Fred grabbed the teapot before they dragged her outside to show everyone she was there. When she stepped outside, the first thing she noticed was the fire. She then found her dad, and then the twins dad. He was smiling at the innocently, and his smile looked a lot like Fred's did. It made her wonder if George smiled like his mom.

"That's not a teapot," He said with fake surprise, which made everyone look up curiously.

There were a few faces there that she didn't recognize but before she could get a closer look Ginny had tackled her to the ground. Ginny helped her back up with a laugh, turning to the boys and pointing to her excitedly. They just laughed and all four of them took a seat by the fire with everyone else. The faces she didn't recognize were looking at her curiously which made her elbow George who was on the right of her.

"Oh, guys, this is Cosette!" He introduced, which made her smile and wave at them. She was used to other people introducing her to others because she very well couldn't do it herself.

Bill took it upon himself to get up and shake her hand, making Ginny scoot over so that he could sit next to her. She was taken aback by this, not having expected him to start up a conversation with her so quickly. George, on the other hand, was not. Bill was the only one that he had spoken too about thinking Cosette was his soulmate because he was the only one of his siblings that really understood what it was like. That was the reason Bill was the best beside him at sign language, and the reason George was the best besides Bill at French. Bill always had the theory that the reason that they were so adamant about learning it was that their soulmate spoke it.

She got to know all the Weasley's a little better that night, even joking around with Arthur. She was worried for nothing because they all made her feel very welcome. The reason they made her feel so welcome without even trying was because for some reason it felt like Cosette was already a part of their family somehow. The only way to describe it was that it felt like she had always been there.

Cosette had just gotten Ron to sit down with her and Harry so that they could talk a little when suddenly everyone in the room seemed to freeze. Fred and George had stopped their dancing and George had come to Cosette's side much to her confusion. They were all staring at Arthur who was talking much too quickly for Cosette to catch anything. Her dads had left an hour before since they were going to pick Cosette up in the morning since the plan was for the Weasley's to go home in the morning as well.

George had turned her around to face him, and she could tell something was seriously wrong. He gave her a quick explanation, saying that the event was being attacked by death eaters and that they had to go, before taking her hand and leading her out quickly. Fred had Ginny by the hand as well and they lead the way.

They were halfway to the forest when Cosette saw him. Barty Crouch Jr. in all his sickening glory, standing in the middle of all the chaos, and he had seen her too. In her surprise, Cosette had stopped going and George's hand had slipped out of hers. He stopped too and turned around to see why she had stopped to find her staring frozen at an empty space where someone had just been. He took her hand again, not understanding why she froze but knowing that they had to keep going.