Mr. Heart Eyes (16)

The Weasleys headed home the first thing that morning knowing that Molly was probably very anxious for them to come back. Arthur had sent word to her that everyone was alright that night, and that they would be heading back as soon as they could. To say she was relieved to see them was an understatement, especially after the last thing she did was yell at Fred and George and take their candies. She was so focused on apologizing that she didn't notice Cosette there at first. She was half hidden behind George looking around the kitchen they were in. The burrow was everything she thought it would be.

"Mom, this is Cosette," George told her, nudging her softly with his elbow. She turned her eyes to him and then to Molly when she realized he was introducing her. She gave her a smile and nodded her head, not noticing the way that she had made George smile just by that.

Molly greeted Cosette happily and hugged her as well, which took her a little by surprise but she didn't mind. She had been warned that she might do that. Ginny offered to show Cosette around and then took Cosette by the arm to lead her out. She turned around to wave at Molly one more time before they disappeared down the hallway.

"She has the most beautiful smile," Molly commented casually with a smirk George's way. He raised an eyebrow at the way she directed it to him, not understanding what she was getting at. He couldn't argue with what she had said though because Cosette had the most stunning smile he had ever seen.

"You should hear her laugh," He said, a smile of his own still on his face. He figuring that what she said was her way of indirectly asking if he liked her. He didn't mind telling her, though he did it indirectly as well. The face she gave him was enough for him to know she understood what he had meant and approved. She nodded and left the room, and George noticed the look that the remaining siblings in the room gave him. They were suprised that he would just admit it like that, but he only shrugged them off and followed Fred to their room.

Ginny did show her around the house, but once she was done they went right to her bedroom. She wanted to know what Cosette felt for George, mostly because she was the only one that had seen them together the night before. She was disappointed when Cosette shut her down, turning away to look around when she asked instead of answering. When she did turn around, Ginny asked her again and her response was that she would only tell her if she talked about what she felt for Harry. Needless to say, that was the end of the topic for the time being.

A few hours later, Ginny went to the twins room to take Cosette back from them, to find that she wasn't with them. They were just as confused as she was because she had wondered out quite some time ago. After a few minutes of looking around the house, even checking with their older brothers, Fred to a look out the window.

"Found her," He said back to them, making them look at him confused. He was in the living room and they didn't see her anywhere. He pointed out the window with a smile which made them join him to see what he did.

Cosette was outside in the garden, chatting happily with Molly as they both worked with the plants. They were close enough to see that Cosette was telling her about her garden at home, and how her mom took care of it while she was away because she knew that it was something she really liked to come home too. They knew that their mom would take a liking to Cosette but they hadn't thought that they would be that comfortable with each other so quickly. It was clear that they would have to be the ones to steal Cosette away because she didn't look like she wanted to give her back any time soon.

"I'm glad mom likes her," George said absently, leaning against the window seal with his eyes softly on them.

"Why? Because you plan on having her around often?" Fred said jokingly.

"Yeah," He answered, "I mean, we all do. Not just me. Well, particularly me but you guys want her here too so- oh stop laughing you knew what I meant!"

Later that evening, Lena had arrived to pick Cosette up. She had come inside not long later and the boys sitting in the living room with her and Ginny while they played chess. None of them noticed Lena coming in because Molly had let her in through the kitchen so that they could to talk and express her fondness for Cosette. When she went into the living room to get her, she took a look at all the people in the room and took instant notice to the one watching Cosette play.

"I'm guessing Mr. Heart eyes is George," She said to Molly who was next to her. They had talked about the two of them while they were in there and though neither mentioned their soulmate theory, they did express that they had heard a lot about the others kid. Fred and Ginny had heard her say that and couldn't hold back a laugh, but George wasn't listening so he just looked at them confused and so did Cosette.

"You're correct," Molly answered with a smile.

Cosette saw her mom standing there and nodded, standing up and taking Ginny's king easily. She had only waited to do it because she liked to play instead of ending the game quickly. Her bag was with her since she knew it wouldn't be long before she got there, and she waved goodbye to everyone before leaving with Lena.

"What did she say?" George asked confused.

"She called you Mr. Heart eyes," Molly said with a smirk before heading back into the kitchen,

"Did she really?" He asked embarrassed.

"Yeah, she did," Ginny answered.